become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Editors
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Editors
Music and Audio
Computers: Programming: Development Tools
Computers: Software: Word Processors
This category in other languages:
A Tale of Five Editors
- Eric Raymond analyzes the designs and implementations of five Unix text editors.
- Acme is a textual user interface for programmers by Rob Pike for Plan 9, with ports to Unix-like and Windows systems. [Open Source]
- A description of the colorforth source editor.
Comparison of Text Editors
- A basic feature comparison for several text editors.
- Reports which editor is more loved and which is more hated according to the WWW as reported by AltaVista. Devoted to the sacred religious wars on the "your editor sucks, my editor rules" subject traditionally coming up every now and then in news:comp.editors.
- Lugaru Software's EMACS-style programmer's editor for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, DOS and OS/2. [Commercial]
- An XEDIT-compatible text editor for Windows 95/98/NT from the Mansfield Software Group. [Commercial]
- Text editor for Windows and Plan 9 by Rob Pike. Documentation, ports, links and background information.
Softpanorama University Open Source Editors Webliography
- Annotated list of editors with special emphasis on Xedit/Kedit/THE family and TCL-based editors.
- A free code editor that supports most of the common computer languages out there.
- A wiki devoted to text editors and related topics. Covers all major families of text editors and related topics, from keyboard layouts to tabs vs. spaces.
- Editor for text, data, and binary files of up to 2 gigabytes in ASCII, Hex, EBCDIC. [Commercial]
- Programmer's editor for developing and maintaining software. Includes tools to automate the process of comprehending, navigating and analyzing source code. A full functioning 30 day trial version is available. [Windows and UNIX]
Usenet comp.editors -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:32:58 PM EST -