become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disk_Management/Partition
Computers: Software: Disk Management: File Systems
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Boot Managers
EASEUS Partition Manager
- EASEUS Partition Manager is a hard disk partition software. You can create, delete, format, resize/move partitions on your hard disk quickly and easily.
FDISK Partitioning Guide
- Detailed tutorial on how to use FDISK to partition hard disk drives.
g4u - Harddisk Image Cloning for PCs
- NetBSD-based bootfloppy/CD-ROM that allows easy cloning of PC harddisks to deploy a common setup on a number of PCs using FTP. [BSD license]
Gnome Partition Editor
- GParted is the Gnome Partition Editor application.
- Customizable boot manager and partitioner in one shareware package. Compatibility with Windows, DOSes, Linux, FreeBSD, SCO OpenServer, OS/2 (Warp, Merlin) Solaris, Oberon, Theos, BeOS and others systems.
- Command line tool to directly modify the MBR. Designed to set partitions active, sort, delete, hide partitions, as well as backup and restore copies of the MBR. [Windows 9x/XP/2K/2003/PE/Vista, DOS and Linux]
Paragon (PTS) Partition Manager
- Create, resize, convert, and copy FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, and Linux partitions. [Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP]
- GNU (Free Software Foundation) program to create, destroy, resize and copy PC disk partitions. It currently supports ext2 and FAT (FAT16 and FAT32) filesystems, Linux swap devices, and MS-DOS disk labels. GNU/Linux or on boot disk, open source.
Partition Image for Linux
- Linux/UNIX utility which saves partitions in many formats to an image file, supported file systems: ReiserFS, ext2fs/ext3fs, FAT16/32: DOS and Windows, and NTFS. [Beta version]
- Partition Logic is a free hard disk partitioning and data management tool. It can create, delete, format, defragment, resize, and move partitions and modify their attributes.
- Resize and move disk partitions and logical drives, without having to re-format your hard drive. Supports almost any type of DOS or Windows file system, including FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 and it works with extended partitions. Freeware.
Partition Table Doctor
- Offers partition recovery software which also checks and repairs MBR and boot sectors. [Windows 95/98/Me, MS-DOS, Freedos]
PartitionMagic by PowerQuest
- Hard drive partitioning software to create, resize, move, and convert partitions without destroying your data. The program also allows multiple operating systems on the same computer reliably.
Ranish Partition Manager
- Partition disks, format and resize FAT-16 and FAT-32 file systems. Boot Manager can boot from 30+ partitions on a single hard drive. Open source with documentation in English, French, and German.
- Makers of the BootIt line of multi-boot and partitioning utilities. Intel platform shareware.
- Tool to check and undelete partition (FAT, NTFS, EXT2/EXT3, ReiserFS, BFS) under Dos, Win9x, Linux, BSD. [GNU Public License]
- An effective boot manager, which allows the easy install and use of multiple operating systems on a single hard drive. Directly install other OSs to extended partitions and logic drivers. [DOS/Windows/Linux]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 23, 2015 at 1:54:06 UTC -