become an editor
the entire directory
only in Relational/Model
- 12 Rules for a relational database by EF Codd.
Against the Grain
- Contrarian articles by Fabian Pascal about the necessity of getting the relational model properly implemented.
- Several publications on relational data. Free registration required.
- Analysis of various systems and ideas floating in the database scene, against the standards set by the relational model for database management.
Date’s 12 Rules for DDB's
- C.J. Date's goals for distributed relational databases. Orthogonal to the relational model. [PDF]
Extending the Database Relational Model to Capture More Meaning
- RM/T: semantics modeling in the relational model for database management. [PDF]
FirstSQL Issue Papers
- Opinions fundamented on the relational model about NULLs, SQL and DBMS
- Series of relational database model articles by Chris J Date, with emphasis on rules applications. Registration required.
An Introduction to Database Normalization
- Article by Mike Hillyer. A practical look at database normalization, focusing on the first three of seven generally recognized normal forms.
Introduction to Relational Databases
- Concentrating on the 12 Rules from EF Codd and a succinct, informal definition of normalisation with examples.
A Relational Model of Data for Large Shared Data Banks
- The paper that started it all. The first public statement of the Relational Model.
A Simple Guide to Five Normal Forms in Relational Database Theory
- By William Kent, as originally published internally at IBM in 198l, and the Communications of the ACM in 1983.
The Third Manifesto
- Additional material related to the book.
Twelve Rules for Business Rules
- Paper by C.J. Date on business rules as data integrity constraints. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 2, 2016 at 17:57:18 UTC -