become an editor
the entire directory
only in Microsoft_SQL_Server/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
Microsoft SQL Server
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Software: Databases: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
2000 Trainers: SQL Server Tutorials
- Collection of tutorials covering a range of topics.
Creating a Simple ETL Package for SQL Server
- This tutorial walks you through SSIS Designer to create a simple ETL package that includes looping, configurations, error flow logic and logging.
Distributed Partitioned Views
- Speeding up large web server databases by using Distributed Partitioned Views on Federated Databases by Don Schlichting.
Distributed Partitioned Views - Federated Databases: Lessons Learned
- This article contains information about the things we have learned while working with Federated Databases by Kevin Cox.
FileStream SQL 2008
- Tutorail on using the FileStream in SQL 2008 by R Doherty.
How to Transfer SQL Logins between SQL Server 2005 Instances
- Articles presents a custom script as well as standard options for moving SQL logins between servers by Tara Kizer.
Introduction to SQL 2008 Integration Services
- This white paper gives a high level overview of SQL Server Integration Services 2008. Topics include why and when to use Integration Services as well as a flow components introduction. By Kamal Hathi.
Learn Sql Server
- Various SQL Server commands with examples.
MS SQL Guide
- Series of articles on Microsoft SQL Server tasks.
PIVOT in SQL Server 2005
- Learn to combine SQL Server's PIVOT and UNPIVOT commands with Common Table Expressions by Michael Jones.
Pivoting, Un-pivoting and Aggregating
- Techniques in pivoting and un-pivoting data, and showing how the use of the CUBE or ROLLUP operator can be a more efficient way of generating reports by Phil Factor.
Replication with SQL Server 2000
- Explanation of Replication with SQL Server 2000 by Mahesh Kodli.
Spatial Data with SQL Server 2008
- Introduction to Spatial Data concepts as well as detailed SQL Server instructions on use by Jason Follas.
SQL 2008 Filestream Example
- Example of FILESTREAM in SQL 2008 by Mike Taulty.
SQL Optimizations School
- Contains tutorials and tests for those wanting to learn to write better code. We also have a troubleshooting tool to help people narrow down slowness issues.
SQL Server 2005 Paging
- Article explores four approaches for coding SQL when results will be returned to an application that supports paging by Robert Cary.
SQL Server 2008 Resource Governor in action
- Short blogcast demo of the Resource Governor in action.
SQL Server DBA
- Various DBA related blog articles.
SQL Server Replication FAQ
- FAQs on SQL Server replication and solutions to common problems. By Narayana Vyas Kondreddi.
SQL Server Service Broker Introduction
- Introduction and definition of SQL Server Service Broker by Roger Wolter.
- Various how to SQL Server blog articles.
- Articles, code samples, and tools help with development of robust and flexible Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages.
Unstructured Data SQL 2008
- Tutorial on Managing Unstructured Data with SQL Server 2008 by Graeme Malcolm.
User Defined Functions
- This article covers all the basics of User Defined Functions. It discusses how (and why) to create them and when to use them by Doug Carpenter,
Using SQL Server 2008 Upgrade Advisor
- Article provides a step by step listing of using the SQL Server 2008 Upgrade Advisor by Mike Chapple.
The Future of SQL Data Services with Nigel Ellis
- Interview discussing the future direction of SQL Data Services. (April 27, 2009)
Microsoft SQL Server FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 6, 2015 at 21:45:06 UTC -