become an editor
the entire directory
only in Data_Warehousing/Articles
- Delivers industry-based business intelligence, business performance management, data warehousing and data quality content.
Big Data Technology Does Not Replace a Data Warehouse
- Bill Inmon's review of DW and its relation to the recent popularity of Big Data
Bill Inmon articles
- Articles by the "Father of Data Warehousing".
Classifying data for successful modeling
- This introductory article discusses how to appropriately classify data based on its intrinsic characteristics for the purpose of data modeling.
Data Extraction and Ad Hoc Query of an Entity— Attribute— Value Database
- Article outlining a method for ad-hoc querying of entity-attribute-value (EAV) warehouse models.
Data Mining Concepts and Techniques, 2nd Ed.
- An introduction to data warehousing and data mining covering the full range of topics including normalization, cube space concepts, data mining algorithms, and machine learning.
Developing a Data Warehouse Architecture
- A data warehouse architecture is a description of the elements and services of the warehouse, with details showing how the components will fit together and how the system will grow over time.
Five Steps to Optimizing BI and Data Warehouse Performance
- General concepts in optimizing a data warehouse
Intelligent Enterprise Magazine
- Offers both print and online-only articles, news and analysis focused on the business software strategies that enable IT and business decision-makers to plan, build, manage and purchase business critical enterprise applications.
Kimball Group: articles and columns
- The site gives access to Ralph Kimball and other Kimball Group members's columns and articles on data warehouse for the period 1995-2005.
Managing Current and Historical Views of Information in The Data Warehouse
- Michael Jennings' article on managing current and historical views of information.
- Ralph Kimball discussing design solutions for handling changes in very large dimensions.
Teradata Magazine Online
- Teradata Blogs provide an opportunity to speak directly and candidly with those interested in Teradata, data warehousing and analytics-based decision making
Seven Principles for Enterprise Data Warehouse Design
- DMReview article by Rich Cohen providing principles for data warehouse design. (January 12, 2006)
The Four Legs of a Successful Business Intelligence (BI) Project Team
- A successful BI project team is like a four-legged table - each leg holds up its share of the weight. Remove one and the project wobbles. The four legs of a team are Project Sponsorship and Governance, Project Management, Development Team (Core Team), and Extended Project Team. (April 01, 2003)
Data Warehouse Quality Management
- Laura Hadley examines ways in which organizations can think about quality in the data warehouse environment, as well as ideas for possible metrics to measure quality and extend warehouse value. (April 03, 2002)
How to do a Warehouse Assessment (And Why)
- Arthur Moore and David Wells. The essence of data warehousing assessment is directed at refining the warehousing process and revitalizing the warehousing initiative. (August 01, 2000)
Managing Meta Data Within and Across Warehousing Efforts
- Many organizations must manage multiple warehousing initiatives underway simultaneously and these systems will most likely be based on products from multiple data warehousing vendors, in the typical decentralized approach of most corporations. (August 01, 2000)
The Federated Data Warehouse
- DM Review article by Colin White about federated data warehouses. (March 01, 2000)
data warehousing articles
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 2, 2013 at 3:30:38 UTC -