become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tools/Concurrent_Versions_System
Concurrent Versions System
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
- Web-based graphical interface to CVS, includes cvsblame which finds who modified particular line most recently.
- Free cvs source code hosting with *nix command line access or use any other client cvs tools for windows or *nix. Add as many projects as your wish and multiple accounts for the one project.
- Contains general information about the tool.
CVS - Open Source Version Control
- Home of CVS development, the code (source and binaries), documentation, third party add-ons, news, links.
CVS Access Control List Extension
- CVSACL provides advanced ACLs per modules, directories, and files on branch/tag for remote cvs repository connections. Execution of all CVS subcommands can be controlled with eight different permissions. GPL.
CVS for MVS
- Information on the CVS port to MVS/OS390/USS on Mainframes.
CVS Professional Support and CVSNT
- Provides free downloads of CVS for Windows/Unix/Linux/Mac OS X. Also professional support plans, training and installation.
- CVS Utilities is a small collection of scripts that allow you to manage the files in the CVS working directory: cvschroot, cvsdo, cvsu. Free software.
CVS Version Control for Web Site Projects
- Describes use of CVS version control for web development, quality assurance, and maintenance.
CVS via FTP
- Automagic web site mirroring via FTP, under GPL.
- CVS-log-message-to-ChangeLog conversion script
- Generate a changelog of CVS checkins as RSS.
- CVSBrowser is a Total Commander File System Plugin to browse a CVS repository.
- Grab a cvs tree from behind a firewall. This tool is written in Java and works on most platforms, and it requires a CVS repository accessible with ViewVC.
- A CVS automation suite to knit up various CVS repositories from existing source packages.
- Program for safely manipulating and inspecting CVS repositories, used primarily for keeping several repositories in sync, using CVSup.
- CVS server running under Windows NT/2000.
- Cvsplot is used for collecting statistics from CVS controlled files. Simple statistics such as how the total number of files and lines of code change against time.
- A tool that searches for code fragments using CVS comments. Demo with data from KDE.
- A suite of CVS goodies written in perl for the harried Big Project Administrator.
- Web-based bug and patch-set tracking system. Features a built-in Wiki and SQL database engine; works under Unix and Windows. [GNU]
CVSweb (FreeBSD version)
- CVSweb is a perl script that uses RCS commands to give a web interface to CVS. Allows browsing of source code looking for revision, tags, and releases.
CVSweb for Windows 95/NT/2000
- Instructions and downloads for running CVSweb on Windows PWS/IIS. Also limited information on running CVSweb on Windows with Apache.
- Offers a unified view of source code repository. [Commercial, free for Open Source or non-commercial projects].
Freepository - CVS and Subversion Hosting
- Provides CVS (for Free and an Extended service for payment) and Subversion (for pay) Hosting.
- Searchable archive of the information-cvs listserv.
Introduction to CVS
- A slideshow introducing CVS.
- A system that provides access to CVS in an easily administered way for both local and external users.
- Provides hosting for version control, issue tracking, and project management tools for projects of all sizes.
Publicly Accessible CVS Repositories
- Cameron Laird's personal index to publicly-accessible CVS repositories.
- A commercial online service that allows Internet workgroups or technical teams to share data and manage source code changes from remote locations.
- Generates statistics for a CVS repository, including lines of code graphs, developer activity, commit log. Output is HTML and PNG.
- ViewVC (formerly known as ViewCVS) is like cvsweb but written in Python. Browse the repository, view files, display diffs between versions. Bonsai-like query features.
Concurrent Versions System
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2015 at 14:35:04 UTC -