become an editor
the entire directory
only in Build_Management/Resources
An Automatic Make Facility
- Holyer and Pehlivan 2000 - Program uses no makefile. It records manually-issued compilation commands the first time round, then rebuilds programs using recorded command traces.
Distcc, A Fast Free Distributed Compiler
- Pool 2003 - This paper describes a distributed compiler for C/C++ programs, and provides a good discussion of key issues related to parallel, distributed software builds.
The Fourth Generation Make
- Fowler 1985 - A new make tool with support for CPP, dependency generation, compiled makefiles, parallel execution, pathname parsing operators, and a powerful metalanguage for builtin rules.
Make - A Program For Maintaining Computer Programs
- Feldman 1979 - The original make paper, including makefile syntax, implicit rules, double colon targets, macros, VPATH macro, and the usual cleanup and install targets.
Make It - Generating and Maintaining Makefiles Automatically
- Schönherr and Wolff 1998 - A set of makefile dependency generator tools for working with files written in Knuth's Literate Programming style.
Parallel and Distributed Compilations in Loosely-Coupled Systems - A Case Study
- Baalbergen 1986 - Distributing machine specific compilation phases among machines with a distributed make program is about 3.5 times faster.
PGMAKE: A Portable Distributed Make System
- Lih and Zadok 1994 - Reports design issues and results of modifying GNU Make to do distributed makes using the Oakridge PVM Parallel Virtual Machine.
Recursive vs Non-recursive Makefile Architecture Speed Comparison
- Kolpackov 2004 - This document compares recursive and non-recursive build systems (GNU make -j N) for building 277 software files in 15 directories using various combinations of parallelism and hardware. Non-recursive builds are faster.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 8:35:08 UTC -