become an editor
the entire directory
only in Products_and_Tools/Open_Source
Products and Tools
Virtual Private Networks
Computers: Open Source
Computers: Software: Freeware: Security
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Security
The Bro Network Security Monitor
- Bro is an open source, UNIX based network monitoring framework. It can be used for network intrusion detection, collecting network measurements, conducting forensic investigations and traffic baselining.
- Open-source software for sharing information during penetration testing.
The Freefire Project
- Provides information about open source security software.
- Kali Linux is a Debian-derived Linux distribution specifically designed for digital forensics and penetration testing.
- A free password safe. Passwords can be stored in highly-encrypted databases, that can be unlocked with one master key or key-disk. For 32- and 64-bit Windows. Links to a port for Linux and MacOS X, and a converter for PalmOS.
- Libssh is a free C library implementing the SSH protocol in conjunction with libcrypto from OpenSSL.
- A Java based toolkit made up of a protocol analyzer and a port scanner to monitor and troubleshoot security and network problems.
- Nmap (Network Mapper) is a security scanner. It is used to discover hosts and services on a computer network.
- Tracking software that helps users find, lock and recover their computer, tablet or smartphone when stolen or missing.
- Snort is an open-source, free and lightweight network intrusion detection system (NIDS) for UNIX derivatives and Windows.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 10, 2016 at 20:54:04 UTC -