become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cryptography/PGP
Products and Tools
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Security: Public Key Infrastructure
This category in other languages:
International PGP Home Page
- Information on the PGP program, the OpenPGP standard and the PGPi project. Detailed documentation, lists of products and services.
15 reasons not to start using PGP
- The collection of reasons to prefer more advanced cryptographic communications tools and stop investing in the old PGP over e-mail architecture, the problem mostly being e-mail rather than PGP.
- Encrypts the message with PGP (client-side) and sends it on to the mail account. A user who does not use PGP can send fairly secure mails to PGP-users. The public key will be loaded from a public keyserver.
A Few Thoughts on Cryptographic Engineering: What's the matter with PGP?
- Matthew Green's blog entry, discussing the problems with keys, key management, lack of forward secrecy, the OpenPGP format and mail client implementations.
Open PGP Alliance
- A group of companies and other organizations that are implementers of the OpenPGP standard. Documentation, resources.
PGP pathfinder and key statistics
- Statistics of PGP keys. The pathfinder finds trust paths between keys in the PGP web of trust.
PGP Web of Trust Statistics
- Statistics about the position of all keys within the Web of Trust.
Phil Zimmermann's Home Page
- Phil Zimmermann is the original creator of PGP and a founder of PGP, Inc. The site offers historical background and current resource links.
Phuctor: The RSA Super Collider
- Online tool for testing PGP/GnuPG public keys for obvious flaws using Euclid's Greatest Common Divisor theorem as well as shared moduli.
A security analysis of PGP
- Contains the result of a research project into PGP. It describes the Otterloo attack, aka PGPsdk Key Validity Vulnerability , an important attack on various windows versions of PGP. The full paper describes the history, algorithms (IDEA, RSA, DH/ ElGamal,DSA in full detail), bugs and source code of the program.
- A free digital timestamping service which uses PGP and operates via email.
Symantec Encryption Solutions
- Commercial PGP offerings for multiple platforms and applications.
ProPublica: The World's Email Encryption Software Relies on One Guy, Who is Going Broke
- Werner Koch's code powers the email encryption programs around the world. If only somebody would pay him for the work. Article by Julia Angwin. (February 05, 2015)
Usenet alt.security.pgp -
Usenet comp.security.pgp.announce -
Usenet comp.security.pgp.discuss -
Usenet comp.security.pgp.resources -
Usenet comp.security.pgp.tech -
Usenet talk.politics.crypto -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 8, 2016 at 13:02:17 UTC -