the entire directory
only in Security/Policy
Acceptable Use Policy Report
- Provides a report on Acceptable Usage Policy, including what corporations expect of it, a case study, and a framework for creating your own policy.
The Basics of an IT Security Policy
- This paper is intended to explain the importance of having a written and enforceable Information Technology (IT) security policy, and to provide an overview of the necessary components of an effective policy.
Building and Implementing a Successful Information Security Policy
- A white paper providing the reader with new and innovative aspects on the process of building a Security Policy, as well as managing a Security Awareness Program. [PDF]
Building Effective, Tailored Information Security Policy
- Presents the presentation of the 20th NISSC Internet Technical Security Policy Panel.
Canada's Export Controls
- Unofficial / unverified article describing Canada's export controls on cryptographic software.
CobiT User Group
- International user group and hub for CobiT, the emerging IT control and security methodology.
Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Scheme
- Provides details of the US government scheme which is widely known as 'Common Criteria'.
Do you have an intrusion detection response plan?
- Discussion of what should go into the creation of an intrusion detection plan and the expected results.
- An information resource for Federal IT security policies, including the FISMA, HSPD-12, FDCC, DIACAP, NIACAP and OMB directives.
GASSP Home Page
- Generally Accepted System Security Principles, developed by The International Information Security Foundation. [PDF]
How to Develop Good Security Policies and Tips on Assessment and Enforcement
- [Word Document] Invest the time up front to carefully develop sound policies and then identify ways to gauge their effectiveness and assess the level of compliance within your organization. Commit to spending the time and resources required to ensure that the policies are kept current and accurately reflect your company's security posture.
Information Security Policies
- Make and manage security policies. Run awareness programs with audits and e-learning to build a human firewall.
Institute for Security and Open Methodologies (ISECOM)
- Non-profit, international research initiative dedicated to defining standards in security testing and business integrity testing.
IT Security at MIT
- Provides a wide range of policies, papers and related resources to support secure computing.
IT Security Cookbook
- A guide to computer and network security with a strong focus on writing and implementing security policies. This is primarily intended for security managers and system administrators.
ITworld.com - Security's human side
- IT World article - essentially a review of Pentasafe's VigilEnt security policy management product.
Make Your Web Site P3P Compliant
- Describes how to create and publish your company's platform for privacy performance policy,. A W3C initiative, in six steps.
OSSTMM: Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual
- A widely used, peer-reviewed, methodology for performing security tests.
An Overview of Corporate Computer User Policy
- This article discusses the elements of a corporate security policy, which it refers to as the gateway to a company`s intellectual property.
P3P Guiding Principles
- Defines the principles behind the W3C Platform for Privacy Preferences initiative.
Return on Information Security Investment
- Assess your company's Return on Information Security Investment
RFC2196 (Site Security Handbook)
- A guide to developing computer security policies and procedures for sites that have systems on the Internet. Published 1997.
SANS InfoSec Reading Room
- Articles on security policies and other information security topics.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Security standards, transactions and code set standards, identifier standards, mailing lists, implementation guides, and administrative simplification.
Understanding the Virus Threat and Developing Effective Anti-Virus Policy
- This paper focuses on providing the reader with an overview of the current virus landscape and aids in developing best practice anti-virus policies.
What Makes A Good Security Policy?
- Offers a paper presenting the core elements of security, and arguing that in order to properly address security, the most fundamental item necessary is a security policy.
Usenet alt.security -
Usenet comp.security.announce -
Usenet comp.security.misc -
Usenet comp.security.unix -
Usenet misc.security -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 20, 2015 at 11:44:44 UTC -