become an editor
the entire directory
only in Products_and_Tools/Security_Scanners
Products and Tools
Open Directory - Computers: Security: Internet: Products and Tools: Security Scanners
Security Scanning Services
Computers: Security: Malicious Software
Computers: Security: Malicious Software: Spyware and Adware: Detection and Removal Tools
Computers: Software: Internet: Network Management
- Security scanner for Linux, BSD, Solaris, and other flavors of Unix. Performs over 900 remote security checks, and suggests solutions for security problems.
- Developers of NMAP, a network port scanner and service detector offering stealth SYN scan, ping sweep, FTP bounce, UDP scan and operating system fingerprinting. Downloads, documentation, security tools directory and a mailing lists archive. [Windows, MacOS, Unix]
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Scans for common security vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, cross site scripting and other web vulnerabilities.
Advanced IP Scanner
- Free utility for Windows which scans for HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and shared folders.
Angry IP Scanner
- A freeware IP scanner for Windows. Display NetBIOS information, MAC address; save result to CSV, TXT, HTML or XML file.
- Network-based, discovery and vulnerability database assessment scanner.
- A webserver security scanner based on twwwscan.
Attack Tool Kit Project
- An open-source utility to realize vulnerability checks and enhance security audits.
Auto IP Scanner
- Scan your PC for open ports ( Http, Https, Ftp, Dns, MySql, Imap, Smtp, Pop, Dc++, Irc).
- An application designed to explore and to manage your network. Entire subnets can be scanned simultaneously without human intervention. OS detection, automatic network discovery, a port scanner, a Samba share browser, and the ability to save the network state.
- Vulnerability assessment of internal networks or Intranets using an automated scanning server.
- Provides details of AZScan, a non-intrusive software tool which will review the security Oracle and Unix, OS400 and OpenVMS systems.
- Host based PCI DSS auditing tool for scanning desktop and server file systems for unprotected stored payment card data across a wide variety of file formats.
- FusionVM automates the process of proactively managing network vulnerabilities and exposures. It enables a unified corporate process that is enterprise-wide, repeatable and measurable.
Cum Security Toolkit (cst)
- Contains a cgi script scanner with 11 anti-IDS tactics and +2200 vulnerable scripts in the database; and a port scanner with banner grabber.
DOM XSS Scanner
- Online tool that scans for potential DOM based XSS security vulnerabilities.
- Audits Lotus Domino web servers. Produces an HTML report that provides a list of all the unique .nsf databases it was able to access, as well as IP addresses and email addresses.
- Description and download of the GPL-licensed firewall testing and documentation tool.
- Provides information such as service pack level of the machine, missing security patches, open shares, open ports, services/applications active on the computer, key registry entries, and weak passwords. Remotely install security patches and service packs.
- Free security scan manager incorporating Nessus vulnerability scanning, dns and nmb lookup, host resolving, and nmap fingerprinting and scanning.
- IPsonar maps and provides risk assessment to network assets.
- Check open ports on vulnerabilities.
- Internet Scanner Tool. Performs scheduled and selective probes of communication services, operating systems, applications and routers to uncover and report systems vulnerabilities that might be open to attack.
- Tests for over 50 exploits. Licenses include full source code.
- Network security scanning software for detecting, auditing, and fixing network security exploits and vulnerabilities.
- A free penetration testing and vulnerability discovery toolkit entirely written in python.
Joomla! Security/Vulnerability Scanner
- Signature based scanner that can detect Joomla vulnerabilities.
MaxPatrol Security Scanner
- Network security and web-application scanner with prediction capabilities.
- TCP and UDP portscanner and NetBIOS scanner, Displays installed service packs, open TCP and UDP ports, missing security patches.
N-Stealth Security Scanner
- Vulnerability-assessment product that scans web servers to identify security problems and weaknesses on local and remote web servers. Commercial and free editions are available.
- Security scanners and assessment tools for Oracle, Domino, and SQL Server. Checks for weak passwords and vulnerability to SQL injection and cross-site scripting.
- Web application vulnerability scanner.
- Network scanning and auditing software which scans your network or webserver for over 20,000 exploits.
Network Scanning Software
- Network scanning and auditing software which scans your network computers for vulnerabilities, exploits, and information enumerations.
- An Open Source (GPL) web server scanner.
- Network security and vulnerability scanner, password and product key recovery software.
Okidan's Pearl Paradise
- Contains 1700+ server and file checks including hundreds of unicode and directory traversal vulnerability checks for IIS.
- Offers privacy software for disk management and registry cleaning, anti-spyware and spam filter. Downloads and online sales available.
PatchQuest and ScanFi
- Automated patch management and vulnerability assessment software for scanning, distributing and managing patches, security hotfixes and updates across heterogeneous networks comprising Windows, Red Hat and Debian Linux systems.
PivX Solutions Inc
- Offer vulnerability and malware scanning software products for home and enterprise users.
- Web application security testing software. Product details, downloads, how to order and screenshots.
- A highly automated web fuzzer. It is capable of spidering website and identifying inputs.
Proactive Windows Security Explorer
- A password security test tool that's designed to identify and close security holes by executing an audit of account passwords, and exposing insecure account passwords.
- Online vulnerability scanner which scans for SANS "top ten" vulnerabilities.
- A vulnerability assessment and compliance solution that scans applications, databases, networks, and operating systems.
Retina Network Security Scanner
- Identifies security vulnerabilities, suggests appropriate corrective actions and fixes. Free MyDoom, Nimda, DCOM, Sapphire SQL Worm, and Nimda scanner downloads.
SQL Server 2000 Security Tools
- Microsoft tool scans for instances of MS SQL Server 2000 vulnerable to the "Slammer" worm, and then apply updates to the affected files. Includes SQL Scan, SQL Check,and SQL Critical Update.
- Network vulnerability assessment scanner.
Shadow Security Scanner
- Offers vulnerability auditing modules for many systems and services. These include: NetBIOS, HTTP, CGI and WinCGI, FTP, DNS, DoS vulnerabilities, POP3, SMTP, LDAP, TCP/IP, UDP, Registry, Services, Users and Accounts, password vulnerabilities, publishing extensions, MSSQL, IBM BD2, Oracle, MySQL, PostgressSQL, Interbase, and MiniSQL.
Shavlik Technologies, LLC
- Patch management tool scans Microsoft servers and desktops. Schedule and immediate remote patch scans and installations. Freeware and command-line versions available.
SourceForge.net: Gamja : Web vulnerability scanner
- Scans for XSS(Cross site scripting) and SQL Injection.
Spectator scanning tool
- Scans Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 machines for P2P applications, remote-control applications, service packs, etc.
SuperScan, SQLScan, BOping
- Several security scanners, including a portscanner, a scanner for the Back Orifice, a scanner for Microsoft SQL Server "Slammer" Worm.
TrustSight Security Scanner
- Cross-Site Scripting, SQL Attacks,OS Attacks, Directory Traversal, cookie manipulation are tested. Claims not only to be able to find not only known vulnerabilities, but also potential new ones. CVE Compatible.
Visionael Security Audit
- Software providing device discovery, scanning, prioritization, and report generation of vulnerabilities.
Vulnerability Scanning Cluster Project
- A web-based interface for the Nessus vulnerability scanner and a backend queue manager for scan requests. Allows users to hierarchically manage networks of hosts, scanning policies, and automated scans.
- Acts like a fuzzer, injecting payloads to see if a script is vulnerable.
Watchfire - AppScan
- A web application vulnerability assessment product.
- Vulnerability scanner and a series of security tools.
- Scans your ports and tells you which are open, closed, blocked etc.
Wikto Web Assessment Tool
- Web server fingerprinting, directory and link extraction, Nikto and Google Hack DB scans.
- Web server fingerprinting and enumeration.
load balancer detector
- Halberd discovers HTTP load balancers. May be useful for testing load balancer configurations and for web application auditing purposes.
nCircle IP360 Vulnerability Management
- An appliance-based solution that proactively discovers and assesses network vulnerabilities and exposures to protect networks and IP-enabled devices.
- Tests are performed over the Web to Internet-connected systems.
sqlmap: a blind SQL injection tool
- SQL scanner capable of enumerating entire remote databases, and perform an active database fingerprinting.
- A web scanner which checks for files and CGIs in non-standard directories.
Product Review: Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- A review of the Acunetix web vulnerability scanner. (August 11, 2005)
Network Security: Know Your Weaknesses
- Review of six vulnerability scanners. (December 30, 2003)
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:57:04 AM EST -