become an editor
the entire directory
only in Privacy/Protocols
News and Media
Computers: Internet: Protocols
Computers: Security: Internet: Privacy: Cookies
Computers: Security: Internet: Privacy: Products and Tools
The Platform for Privacy Preferences 1.0 (P3P1.0) Specification
- This is the specification, W3C recommendation date: 16-05-2002, of the Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P). This document, along with its normative references, includes all the specification necessary for the implementation of interoperable P3P applications.
W3C P3P Project Main Page
- Platform for Privacy Preferences Project, P3P is a protocol for privacy protection on the Web. The W3C is the governing body issuing the standard.
APPEL1.0 Working Draft
- APPEL: A P3P Preference Exchange Language 1.0(APPEL1.0). A language for describing collections of preferences regarding P3P policies between P3P agents
EZP3P P3P Creation
- EZP3P is a P3P XML utility that within a few minutes can apply a basic P3P policy to your web site. EZP3P can be used online or offline. This is a pay service.
- Offer P3P Policy Editor, a tool for creating and updating web site privacy policies using the P3P language. [Java, Windows]
Lorrie Faith Cranor's Home Page
- W3C P3P Specification Working Group Chair, Lorrie Cranor's home page has P3P news, links, and articles.
- Answers to frequently asked questions about data privacy and P3P; from Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility.
- An independent resource for assistance in P3P Implementation for Web sites. Includes tools, implementation guides, links, and FAQs. Created and maintained by the Internet Education Foundation.
- Subscription service online P3P generation tool. Produces compact headers, human-readable privacy statement, P3P reference file, and code snippets for implementation in popular languages.
- IBM P3P protocol parser and constructor written in Java. Contains classes and methods for parsing, generating, manipulating and evaluating P3P proposals and responses. It also contains a parser and evaluator for "A P3P Preference Exchange Language" (APPEL).
The Platform for Privacy Preferences 1.0 Deployment Guide
- This is a guide for site operators deploying the Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P). It provides information on the tasks required, and gives guidance on how to best complete them.
Policy Wizard and Japanese Doc Translations
- Providing an online tool for site operators to implement a policy that will be compliant with P3P 1.0 Candidate Recommendation (December 2000). Also provides Japanese language translation of P3P documents and specifications from the W3C.
Privacy Bird Browser Plug-in
- The AT&T Privacy Bird is a free browser plug-in that reads privacy policies written in the standard P3P format, specified by the W3C, and displays them in an easy to understand language. Works with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01, 5.5, or 6.0.
Privacy Primer: P3P
- This O'Reilly Network article has two parts: the first is an overview of P3P, written by Simson Garfinkle; the second section, written by Lorrie Cranor, offers a more in depth look and examples.
Sites using P3P
- A list of sites compliant with the P3P specifications. Compiled by the W3C and a useful reference for learning by example.
Web Privacy with P3P
- Web Privacy with P3P includes many examples of P3P policies and policy reference files. The longer examples can be downloaded from this web site. The book also includes references to a variety of online resources. The URLs for these resources are also available at this site.
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) P3P Validator
- This P3P Validator is compatible with P3P spec from Sep 15, 2000 to Sep 28, 2001. Test you implementation's compliancy and be alerted to errors.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 20, 2014 at 5:35:04 UTC -