become an editor
the entire directory
only in Privacy/Cookies
Open Directory - Computers: Security: Internet: Privacy: Cookies
Computers: Programming: Internet: Cookies
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: Software: Shareware: Security: Internet: Cache Tools
Browser Cookie Assistance
- Learn how to enable and disable browser cookies in Internet Explorer and Netscape.
- A complete internet cookie management program for Windows, by Kookaburra Software.
- Provides an overview of cookies, an analysis of their privacy and consumer rights implications, an explanation of how marketers and others can use them responsibly, and a preview of developments in the area. By Roger Clarke.
Cookies--No Fuss, No Muss
- Many of the dangers of cookies can be avoided by making cookies files read-only. Here's how.
EPIC Cookies Page
- A collection of cookies related standards, news, and resources, from a privacy perspective. By Electronic Privacy Information Center.
How Stuff Works: Internet Cookies
- Learn exactly how Internet cookies work, see an example, and understand what all the media uproar is about.
Internet Explorer Cookies are World-Readable
- Article about a security hole in Microsoft IE which lets anyone see your cookies.
Wired - You Deleted Your Cookies? Think Again
- More than half of the internet's top websites use a little known capability of Adobe's Flash plug-in to track users and store information about them. Super Cookies. (August 10, 2009)
Dockside.net - Cookies, it seems, are okay
- Article written by Brian Pitre. (August 01, 1998)
Taking the Byte Out of Cookies: Privacy, Consent, and the Web
- Paper on computer ethics presented to an ACM conference in 1998. Suggests minimum conditions to be met to ethically justify the collection of personal data. [PDF] (January 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:02:46 AM EDT -