become an editor
the entire directory
only in Security/Honeypots_and_Honeynets
Honeypots and Honeynets
Open Directory - Computers: Security: Honeypots and Honeynets
Computers: Security: Internet: Research
Computers: Security: Intrusion Detection Systems
Anton Chuvakin Honeynet
- Live honeynet status data, papers produced as a result of research, and other related resources.
The Bait and Switch Honeypot System
- A system that redirects all hostile traffic from your production systems to a honeypot that is a partial mirror of your production system. Once switched, the would-be hacker is unknowingly attacking your honeypot instead of the real data.
- A program that acts as a honeypot for spammers who use spambots to harvest email addresses from Web sites.
Building a GenII Honeynet Gateway
- A short guide to build a GenII Honeynet Gateway, also called a Honeywall, under Linux, broaching the most common problems and providing several solutions and tips.
- A high interaction client honeypot. A client honeypot is a security technology that allows one to find malicious servers on a network.
Deception ToolKit (DTK)
- A toolkit designed to make it appear to attackers as if the system running DTK has a large number of widely known vulnerabilities.
Deploying and Using Sinkholes
- Sink Holes - an ISP Security Tool [pdf]
An Evening with Berferd
- A hacker is lured, endured, and studied. One of the first examples of a honeypot. First published in 1992.
- Generates thousands of counterfeit 802.11b access points for use as part of a honeypot or to confuse Wardrivers, NetStumblers, Script Kiddies, and other undesirables.
For Stronger Password Security, Try a Spoonful of Honeywords
- Describing new scheme of password protection called honeywords.
Glastopf Honeypot Project Page
- Glastopf is a small Python webserver which emulates thousands of web application vulnerabilities.
Google Hack Honeypot (GHH)
- Emulates a vulnerable web application by allowing itself to be indexed by search engines. Project information and free download.
- A tool for semi-automatically creating emulators of network server applications.
- A weblog about with IT-security, honeypots, and honeynets.
- A free windows based medium interaction honeypot solution.
HoneyC Low-Interaction Client Honeypot
- A platform independent low interaction client honeypot that allows identify rogue servers on the web.
- A system for automated generation of signatures for network intrusion detection systems (NIDSs).
- Small daemon that creates virtual hosts on a network (honeypot). Can be used as a virtual honeynet, for network monitoring, or as a spam trap. For *BSD, GNU/Linux, and Solaris.
Honeyd Control Center
- Honeyd configuration wizard, a SQL Interface, and reports.
- A virtual appliance containing various honeypot software packages.
HoneyDrive | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net
- Premiere honeypot bundle distro.
- A community of organizations actively researching, developing and deploying Honeynets and sharing the lessons learned.
Honeypot (computing) - Wikipedia
- Brief encyclopedia article describing Honeypots.
- Information covering intrusion detection and prevention systems, research and production honeypots, and incident handling. Also provides general overview of network security issues.
Honeypots: Monitoring and Forensics Project
- Techniques, tools and resources for conducting Honeypot Research and Forensic Investigation. White papers include monitoring VMware honeypots, apache web server honeypots, and VMware honeypot forensics.
Honeypots: Tracking Hackers
- White papers, mailing list and other resources related to honeypots.
HoneySink: Beta Release | The Honeynet Project
- HoneySink is an open source network sinkhole that provides a mechanism for detection and prevention of malicious traffic on a given network.
- The Honeywall CDROM is a bootable CD that installs onto a hard drive and comes with all the tools and functionality for you to implement data capture, control and analysis.
- A honeynet gateway on a bootable CDROM.
Honeywords: Making Password-Cracking Detectable
- Research paper suggesting a simple method for improving the security of hashed passwords: the maintenance of additional \honeywords" (false passwords) associated with each user's account.
- Impost can either act as a honey pot and take orders from a Perl script controlling how it responds and communicates with connecting clients; or it can operate as a packet sniffer and monitor incoming data to specified destination port supplied by the command-line arguments (pre-release version available).
KeyFocus - KF Sensor - Honey pot IDS
- A Windows honeypot designed to attract and detect hackers by simulating vulnerable system services and trojans.
kippo - SSH Honeypot - Google Project Hosting
- A medium interaction SSH honeypot designed to log brute force attacks and, most importantly, the entire shell interaction performed by the attacker.
Know Your Enemy: GenII Honeynets
- An Introduction to second generation honeynets (honeywalls).
- A program that creates a tarpit or, as some have called it, a "sticky honeypot".
Medium Interaction Honeypots
- Document outlines the weaknesses of different existing approaches to catch malware – especially bots – and shows how Medium Interaction Honeypots solves these problems. [pdf]
- Seller of HoneyPoint family of products.
- A low interaction honeypot designed to emulate vulnerabilties worms use to spread, and to capture these worms.
- European Network of Affiliated Honeypots.
Norwegian Honeynet Project
- Aninternational, non-profit (501c3) research organization dedicated to improving the security of the Internet at no cost to the public.
Open Proxy Honeypot
- Web Application Security Consortium Distributed Open Proxy Honeypot Project.
Project Honey Pot: Distributed Spam Harvester Tracking Network
- A free, distributed, open-source project to help website administrators track, stop, and prosecute spam harvesters stealing email addresses from their sites.
SCADA HoneyNet Project
- SCADA HoneyNet Project: Building Honeypots for Industrial Networks (SCADA, DCS, and PLC architectures).
SecurityFocus: Defeating Honeypots: System Issues, Part 1
- This two-part paper discusses how hackers discover, interact with, and sometimes disable honeypots at the system level and the application layer.
SourceForge.net: Project - HoneyView
- A tool to analyze honeyd-logfiles of the honeyd-daemon. Generates graphical and textual results from queries against the logfile data.
- Website set up to deliver almost infinite numbers of bogus email addresses to email harvesting bots.
Spanish Honeynet Project
- Independent non-profit research organization of security professionals dedicated to information security focused on honeynet technologies.
- A collection of programs to deploy, run and analyse network and host simulations in IP networks.
The Strider HoneyMonkey Project
- Microsoft Research project to detect and analyze Web sites hosting malicious code using client-side honeypots.
Sweet Password Security Strategy: Honeywords - Security - Intrusion
- To improve detection of database breaches, businesses should store multiple fake passwords and monitor attempts to use them, according to researchers at security firm RSA.
Sysenter Honeynet Project
- A volunteer no-profit research organization. Aim is to provide information about emerging security threats and vulnerabilities active in the wild in order to learn tools, tactics, and motives of the blackhat community and to share such information with IT community in order to improve the security of the Internet.
The Team Cymru Darknet Project
- A Darknet is a portion of routed, allocated IP space in which no active services or servers seemingly reside. However, there is in fact include at least one server for real-time analysis or post-event network forensics.
Thug low-interaction honeyclient
- A Python low-interaction honeyclient aimed at mimicing the behavior of a web browser in order to detect and emulate malicious contents
Tiny Honeypot (thp)
- A simple honey pot program based on iptables redirects and an xinetd listener.
UK Honeynet Project
- Provides information surrounding security threats and vulnerabilities active in the wild on UK networks. Home of Honeysnap, tool to analyse Honeywall pcap files and extract summary information.
WebMaven (Buggy Bank)
- WebMaven is an intentionally broken web application. It is intended to be used in a safe legal environment (your own host) as a training tool, as a basic benchmark platform to test web application security scanners and as a Honeypot.
Wikipedia: Client Honeypot
- Encyclopedia article about the security devices, including several examples.
Know your Enemy: Phishing
- This white paper aims to provide practical information on the practice of phishing and draws on data collected by the German Honeynet Project and UK Honeynet Project. (May 16, 2005)
Know Your Enemy
- A series of white papers describing the concepts and technology of the Honeynet Project and Research Alliance and sharing lessons learned. (May 09, 2005)
Honeynet.org: Tracking Botnets
- Paper on the use of honeynets to learn more about botnets. Covers uses of botnets, how they work and how to track them. (March 05, 2005)
SecurityFocus: Defeating Honeypots - Network issues, Part 1
- Article discussing methods hackers use to detect honeypots. (September 28, 2004)
SecurityFocus: Wireless Honeypots
- Article discussing the use of honeypot technology to combat attacks on wireless networks. (February 13, 2004)
SecurityFocus: Problems and Challenges with Honeypots
- Article discussing issues with Honeypot technology, focusing on dealing with the possibility of your Honeypot being detected (and potentially abused) by an attacker. (January 14, 2004)
Securityfocus: Fighting Spammers With Honeypots
- This paper evaluates the usefulness of using honeypots to fight spammers. (November 26, 2003)
SecurityFocus: Fighting Internet Worms With Honeypots
- This paper evaluates the usefulness of using honeypots to fight Internet worms and perform counterattacks. (October 23, 2003)
SecurityFocus: Dynamic Honeypots
- Honeypots that dynamically learn your network then deploy virtual honeypots that adapt to your network. (September 15, 2003)
SecurityFocus: Honeypot Farms
- This article is about deploying and managing honeypots in large, distributed environments through the use of Honeypot Farms. (August 03, 2003)
SecurityFocus: Honeytokens -The Other Honeypot
- This paper discusses honeytokens, honeypots that are not computers, but rather digital entities that are stored in a restricted part of the network. (July 21, 2003)
Honeypotting with VMware
- An article about how to use VMware to produce honeypots to catch system intruders. (February 05, 2002)
Honeypot + Honeypot = Honeynet
- Article discussing the creation of the Honeynet Project. (September 24, 2001)
Honeypots and Honeynets
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:58:04 PM EST -