become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biometrics/Resources
Connecticut's Biometric Imaging Project
- Provides a journal, information and links. For Connecticut's purposes, biometric imaging will mean taking a scan of an individuals two index fingers for purposes of multiple case fraud detection.
International Biometric Group
- Biometrics information including reports on hand geometry, iris, retina, finger scan, and face geometry. IBG's BiometricStore, Comdex and Bio1.com.
Biometric Consortium: Research and Databases
- Directory of links to various to kinds of identification methods.
The Biometrics Discussion Group
- Discussion list for anyone interested in the technology.
Biometrics Privacy Initiative
- Organization discussing finger scan, voice scan, iris scan, retina scan technologies, standards and privacy issues.
- Biometric Consortium
Ed Germans AFIS Links page
- (AFIS - Automated Fingerprint Identification)
Face Database, Articles
- Olivetti Research, Ltd
- Resource for Biometric technologies and applications. Articles, reports, vendor directory and daily press releases.
Fingerprint Classification by Directional Image Partitioning
- Raffaele Cappelli, Alessandra Lumini, Dario Maio, Member, IEEE, and Davide Maltoni (Trans. PAMI, Abstract)
Fingerprint Enhancement by Shape Adaptation of Scale-Space Operators with Automatic Scale-Selection
- Andrés Almansa and Tony Lindeberg Technical Report TRITA-NA/P--98/03--SE.
Fingerprint Image Enhancement: Algorithm and Performance Evaluation
- Trans. PAMI, abstract.
GFF Format Summary
- Provides content regarding data format for the interchange of fingerprint information.
The Importance of Benchmarking
- (Fingerprint identification)
- Webpage of John Daugman, Cambridge University (UK) teacher and researcher in computer vision, neuroscience, and pattern recognition; inventor of iris recognition.
A normal glass pane?
- The possible future of finger and hand recognition and identification (Optel, PL)
An Open Interstate Matching Specification
- This document describes a standard data format for the interchange of client fingerprint and facial information between dissimilar human services assistance programs. The Managing Double Dipping (MaDD) specification is a tag-based file format for storing and interchanging data and images and is compliant with the ANSI/NIST standard for fingerprint exchange. (Sagem Morpho Incorp.)
Review and evaluation of Biometric Techniques
- INFOSEC (EU), ETS: Preparatory Studies
Speaker Identification by Lip Reading
- By Juergen Luettin, Neil Thacker and Steve Beet. Paper describing a new approach to speaker identification based on lipreading. [PDF]
ThinkQuest Library: The Basics of Biometrics
- Explains characteristics of different parts of the body can be used to aid identification.
TMA Associates (CA)
- Provides publications and consulting in speech recognition and other advanced speech technologies, including speech recognition newsletter. Includes recent news. Also publishes market studies.
Ultrasonic setup for fingerprint patterns detection and evaluation
- (Optel, PL)
YOHO CD-ROM Voice Verification Corpus
- A standard database for testing voice verification systems (Biometric Consortium).
INS Passenger Accelerated Service System (INSPASS)
- About the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service's possible future use of biometric technologies in identifying incoming passengers. (January 04, 1996)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2014 at 21:35:35 UTC -