become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biometrics/Resources
Connecticut's Biometric Imaging Project
- Provides a journal, information and links. For Connecticut's purposes, biometric imaging will mean taking a scan of an individuals two index fingers for purposes of multiple case fraud detection.
Biometric Consortium: Research and Databases
- Directory of links to various to kinds of identification methods.
The Biometrics Discussion Group
- Discussion list for anyone interested in the technology.
Biometrics Privacy Initiative
- Organization discussing finger scan, voice scan, iris scan, retina scan technologies, standards and privacy issues.
- Biometric Consortium
Ed Germans AFIS Links page
- (AFIS - Automated Fingerprint Identification)
- Resource for Biometric technologies and applications. Articles, reports, vendor directory and daily press releases.
Fingerprint Classification by Directional Image Partitioning
- Raffaele Cappelli, Alessandra Lumini, Dario Maio, Member, IEEE, and Davide Maltoni (Trans. PAMI, Abstract)
Fingerprint Enhancement by Shape Adaptation of Scale-Space Operators with Automatic Scale-Selection
- Andrés Almansa and Tony Lindeberg Technical Report TRITA-NA/P--98/03--SE.
Fingerprint Image Enhancement: Algorithm and Performance Evaluation
- Trans. PAMI, abstract.
The Importance of Benchmarking
- (Fingerprint identification)
- Webpage of John Daugman, Cambridge University (UK) teacher and researcher in computer vision, neuroscience, and pattern recognition; inventor of iris recognition.
An Open Interstate Matching Specification
- This document describes a standard data format for the interchange of client fingerprint and facial information between dissimilar human services assistance programs. The Managing Double Dipping (MaDD) specification is a tag-based file format for storing and interchanging data and images and is compliant with the ANSI/NIST standard for fingerprint exchange. (Sagem Morpho Incorp.)
Review and evaluation of Biometric Techniques
- INFOSEC (EU), ETS: Preparatory Studies
Speaker Identification by Lip Reading
- By Juergen Luettin, Neil Thacker and Steve Beet. Paper describing a new approach to speaker identification based on lipreading. [PDF]
TMA Associates (CA)
- Provides publications and consulting in speech recognition and other advanced speech technologies, including speech recognition newsletter. Includes recent news. Also publishes market studies.
YOHO CD-ROM Voice Verification Corpus
- A standard database for testing voice verification systems (Biometric Consortium).
INS Passenger Accelerated Service System (INSPASS)
- About the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service's possible future use of biometric technologies in identifying incoming passengers. (January 04, 1996)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 11:24:05 UTC -