become an editor
the entire directory
only in Single_Sign-On/OpenID
Open Directory - Computers: Security: Authentication: Single Sign-On: OpenID
- An open and decentralized identity system, designed "not to crumble if one company turns evil or goes out of business". Official site, with description, specifications, documentation, and resources.
- Uses client-side SSL certificates instead of passwords to provide secure OpenID authentication based on public-key encryption.
- Built by Google to demonstrate how a website that already allows users to login can help those users leverage OpenID to login.
DokuWiki OpenID Plugin
- Plugin to allow users to log in using OpenID. Includes description and download.
- Secure OpenID provider. Includes background information and online signup.
- Provides resources for users and developers.
Sam Ruby: OpenID for non-SuperUsers
- Weblog article explaining how the technically minded can set up their own OpenID identity.
The OpenID Directory
- Provides a list of OpenID enabled sites, also includes a category for related software and online tools.
- Encyclopedia article, with description, technical details, adoption progress, and criticisms.
- Provides free OpenID accounts and social networking services.
ZDNet: The case for OpenID
- News article by Phil Becker and Eric Norlin outlining the advantages of the system.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:22:03 PM EDT -