become an editor
the entire directory
only in Security/Authentication
Access Control Hardware
One Time Passwords
Computers: Hardware: Systems: Smartcards
Computers: Security: Internet
Computers: Software: Business: E-Commerce
- A software-based technology that learns and verifies unique typing patterns. Includes an introduction to biometrics and keyboard dynamics.
Dos and Don'ts of Client Authentication on the Web
- Paper by Kevin Fu, Emil Sit, Kendra Smith, and Nick Feamster. In the Proceedings of the 10th USENIX Security Symposium, Washington, D.C., August 2001. [PDF]
- Enterprise security solutions based on PKI and Kerberos. Also offer a secure terminal emulator for connecting to Unix servers from Windows. Product information and downloadable evaluation software.
IIS User Authentication Tutorial
- Information on various methods for WWW password protection using Internet Information Server (IIS). Text-based tutorial with some screenshots.
- Functions with Internet Information Server to secure web sites. Includes live demo.
Intertrust Technologies Corporation
- Develops general purpose digital rights management platform which serves as foundation for providers of digital information, technology and commerce services to participate in a global system for digital commerce. (Nasdaq: ITRU).
Liberty Alliance Project
- Standards organization with a global membership that provides a holistic approach to identity through open technical specifications. Specifications, initiatives and membership.
M-Tech Information Technology, Inc.
- ID-Synch, identity management software for managing user administration processes. Product information, customers, press releases and contact details.
- ZSentry two-factor authentication solution. Product information, white papers and contact details.
The Open Group: Identity Management Forum
- Consortium promoting open standards-based identity management. Includes downloadable white papers and information on current projects.
Open Systems Management
- Password synchronization and role based access control across UNIX, Windows NT and resident applications. Site contains FAQs.
- Paper by M. Bishop, 1991. Discusses problems of password selection and password management, and identifies relevant techniques. [PDF]
Pluggable Authentication Modules
- Sun's official PAM documentation. Programmer documentation and source code.
A Proactive Password Checker
- Paper by M. Bishop, 1991. The author describes a technique, and a mechanism, to allow users to select passwords which to them are easy to remember but to others would be very difficult to guess. [Postscript]
Remote User Authentication in Libraries
- A collection of resources for libraries and universities. Includes links to software and some links of interest to non-librarians.
- Offer a range of identity management solutions based on tokens, smartcards and biometrics. Headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
Secure Remote Passwords
- Software integrates into existing networked applications. Secure telnet and FTP available. Open source. User and technical documentation as well as source code.
- Makers of several related products. Includes rationale as well as usage information.
- Makers of both software and hardware systems. Demos, case studies and product information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 15:15:09 UTC -