become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Simulation
Open Directory - Computers: Robotics: Software: Simulation
Science: Software: Simulation
ARS MAGNA: Abstract Robot Simulator
- Provides an extensible, abstract world in which a planner controls a mobile robot. Nisp source code utilizing a CLX GUI. Free Software under a BSD-style license.
Biorobotic Simulation Program
- A scripting language called Config++ that wraps a library of C++ classes for simulating the dynamics of multi-segment robotic devices. License allows non-commercial use only.
- Developing simulators for testing robots from building to real-life condition.
- A multibody dynamic and hydrodynamic simulation library implemented in object oriented, cross-platform C++. Suitable for simulation of underwater articulated robots, ROVs, and AUVs. Free Software licensed under the GNU GPL.
- A 3D robot simulation and modeling tool. Proprietary software for MS Windows only. Website in English and German.
- Electric Drive Train Simulator. Can be used as a drive train development tool for mobile robots but was specifically developed for combat R/C vehicles such as those used in BattleBots. Proprietary software.
eyeWyre Simulation Studio
- Provides real-time, 3D physics simulation of Parallax robots and BASIC stamp microcontrollers. Includes a scripting languages for customizing the simulations. Proprietary software for MS Windows.
The FLAT 2-D Robot Simulator
- Simulates an RWI circular, sonar-guided robot in a flat 2D world. Includes a physical simulator, sonar, and laser rangefinder simulators. The simulated robot has internal odometry, one or two laser rangefinders, and 12 sonar sensors. You can design your own 2D floor plan. No source available.
- Hexapod - A modeling environment for simulating hexapod 6DOF robotic tool platforms (Stewart Platforms). The software includes C++ source code and is Free Software licensed under the GNU GPL.
- Mobile rOBot Simulator developed at the University of Stuttgart, Germany. Software models the French Robuter II robot including odometry, bumpers, sonar, and camera view. MOBS is public domain software developed in C. It requires XView, DevGuide, PVM-library, and SGI OpenInventor.
Open Dynamics Engine
- ODE is a platform independent C++ library for simulating articulated rigid body dynamics; ground vehicles, legged creatures, or moving objects. Supports advanced joints, contact with friction, and built-in collision detection. ODE is Free Software dual-licensed under the GNU GPL and a BSD-style license.
The RoboCup Soccer Simulator
- Research and educational tool for multi-agent systems and artificial intelligence. It enables two teams of 11 simulated autonomous robots to play soccer. The multiplatform C++ code is Free Software licensed under the GNU GPL.
Robot Auto Racing Simulator
- RARS is intended as a competition among programmers. It consists of a simulation of the physics of cars, a graphic display of the race, and a robot driver for each car. RARS is Free Software written in C and C++ and licensed under the GNU GPL.
- Linux/Gnome Open Source robotics simulation toolkit for Overflow. Supports vision, signal processing, fuzzy logic, neural nets, and other control methods. Includes drivers for Pioneer2 robots. Written in C++ and licensed under the GNU LGPL.
- Interactive CAD environment for workcell design and motion simulation of industrial and factory automation robots. Proprietary, commercial software for MS Windows.
- A tool for 3D modeling, simulation and animation of any physical system.
- An online Java-based simulator that allows users to construct robots and other mechanical creations and watch them walk, move, or fly.
System for Parallel Agent Discrete Event Simulation
- SPADES is a middleware system for the creation of AI agent-based simulations. Agent have continual sense-think-act cycle interaction with the simulated world. SPADES is Free Software written in C++ and licensed under the GNU GPL.
- A Java-based, robot soccer simulator that uses neuro-evolution to generate control clients. Free Software licensed under the GNU GPL.
- Allows creation of 3D virtual worlds populated with multiple simulated robots. Supports customized wheeled, legged or flying robots. Includes API for robot control, physics, a complete library of sensors and actuators, and communication capabilities. Proprietary, commercial software for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X systems.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 11:35:06 UTC -