the entire directory
only in Robotics/Research
This category in other languages:
AASS Mobile Robotics Lab
- University of Orebro, Sweden group specializing in topology-based maps, real-time deliberation, active perceptual anchoring, and fuzzy behavior-based control of mobile manipulators.
Active Structures Laboratory
- Part of the Université Libre de Bruxelles Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Department that specializes in walking machines, gait control, micro robots, pipe robots, active isolation, and vibroacoustics.
ANU Robotic Systems Lab
- Based at the Australian National University. RSL undertakes research projects with real robots working in the real world, in real time. Research topics include co-operative robot systems, mobile robot navigation, active vision, robot learning and human-robot/computer interaction.
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Laboratory
- AIROLAB is part of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Notre Dame. The lab specializes in the software aspects of agent design and implemented of agent architectures are on various robots.
Artificial Muscle Research Institute
- The goal of the institute is to develop, design, fabricate, test, and commercialize electrically and chemically controlled artificial muscles.
Australian Centre for Field Robotics
- University of Sydney group concerned with the application of advanced control, sensing and systems engineering principles to the development of autonomous machines operating in outdoor, variable and hostile environments.
Automatic Control & Systems Engineering
- University of Sheffield group specializing in intelligent systems and control, nonlinear systems, and signal processing.
Autonomous Undersea Systems Institute
- AUSI is a not-for-profit research institute focused on promoting commercial applications of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), platforms and sensors.
Biomimetic Underwater Robot Program
- Northeastern University Marine Science Center program sponsored by DARPA and ONR. Focuses on autonomous underwater robots. Biomimetic neurotechnology is being used to create Lobster and Lamprey Robots.
Caltech Robotics Group
- Research topics include sensor based motion planning, robot locomotion, control theory, medical robotics, and modular robots.
CEDRA - Center of Excellence in Design, Robotics and Automation
- Robotics Research department of The Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
The Center for Automation and Intelligent Systems Research
- The Case Western Reserve CAISR lab integrates robotics, neural networks, machine vision and other advanced technologies to create flexible, automated, intelligent systems.
Center for Distributed Robotics
- Located at the University of Minnesota, research includes the coordination and deployment of multi-robot teams in various applications.
Center for Robotics and Manufacturing Systems, University of Kentucky
- Research center established in 1986 to provide manufacturing technological assistance for Kentucky's industries. Specializes in applied machine vision and industrial robotics.
Centibots: The 100 Robots Project
- DARPA funded project using many small robots for mapping and search missions. Videos and publications describing the collaborative communications architecture used by the Centibots.
Charité Surgical Navigation and Robotics Lab
- Engineers, computer scientists, and doctors work together at this lab to develop surgical robotics technologies.
CMU Robotics Institute Manipulation Lab
- Research into the fundamental mechanics of manipulation, the modelling of physical processes, and the minimum sensor information needed to accomplish a given manipulation task.
Columbia University Robotics Group
- Research interests include construction of geometric and photometric correct 3D models, 3D grasping and simulation, micro-manipulation, visual servoing, visual control, model-based planning.
Cybernet Systems Corporation
- A commercial research and development lab specializing in software intelligence, network connectivity, robotics, and man-machine interaction.
DLR Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics
- Research topics include robotic systems, multibody dynamics, robust control, and control design engineering.
Embedded Systems and Robotics Lab (RESY)
- Based at the University of Köln in Germany. Research-topics include navigation for milling, manipulation of deformable linear objects, and safety strategies for human-robot cooperation.
ETHZ Institute of Robotics
- Specializes in the dynamics of controlled system, mechatronics, robotics, and nanotechnology. IfR is part of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zürich, Switzerland
Georgia Tech Mobile Robot Lab
- The lab's charter is to discover and develop fundamental scientific principles and practices that are applicable to intelligent mobile robot systems.
- DARPA Mobile Autonomous Robot Software (MARS) project. MARS involves research into multi-level learning in hybrid deliberative/reactive mobile robot architecture.
The Harvard Robotics Laboratory
- Founded in 1983, HRL does research on the topics of robotic manipulation, choreography of dynamic systems, system identification, ananlog computation, and pattern generation.
Havard Biorobotics Laboratory
- Harvard University group working in surgical robotics, haptic interfaces, tactile sensing, and biomechanics.
HUT Automation Technology Laboratory
- Helsinki University of Technology group specializing in mechatronics, perception, navigation, legged machines, and mobile robot societies.
ICS Computer Vision and Robotics Laboratory
- Research efforts are directed towards visual perception of static and dynamic characteristics of the 3-D world (depth, shape, color, motion), object tracking, robot navigation and behaviour modelling.
Institute for Automation
- Research group based at the University of Leoben in Austria. Research topics include image processing, kinematics, machine learning, and industrial robotics.
Institute for Process Control and Robotics
- Based at the University of Karlsruhe in Germany, this group performs research into sensor based autonomous robotics, collision-free motion planning, and human-robot cooperation.
Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- IRIS is a University of Southern California group with a focus on molecular robotics, MEMS, programmable automation, computer vision, and mobile robots.
Institute of Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- IRIS is a part of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology-Zürich (ETHZ), and focuses on integrating robotics with the research areas of robotic micro-manipulation, hybrid MEMS, biomanipulation and micromechatronic systems.
Intelligent Robotics Research Centre (IRRC)
- The IRRC at Monash University in Australia conducts research primarily in mobile robot navigation, machine perception and manipulation.
Intelligent Servosystems Laboratory
- Part of the Institute for Systems Research at the University of Maryland. The primary goal of this lab is to advance the state-of-the art in the design and real-time control of smart systems such as robots and automated vehicles.
ISA System Engineering and Automation Department
- Research topics include multi-robot systems, surgical robots, telerobotics, computer vision, automation, and remote sensing.
IU Hardware Methods Group
- Research topics include Kirchoff machines, robot locomotion, and vision. Site also includes information on the Stiquito six legged robot.
Jouhou System Kougaku Laboratory
- University of Tokyo research lab. Research project include various humanoid robots, soft-spine robots, artificial skin, gel robots, and motion planning.
Laboratory for Computational Intelligence
- University of British Columbia group specializing in decision-making, planning, reasoning, learning, object recognition, automation, mobile robotics, telerobotics, remote sensing, and geographic information systems.
Laboratory for Perceptual Robotics
- The LPR at the University of Massachusetts Amherst conducts research on humanoid robots, grasping and manipulation, legged locomotion, networked sensors and motor services.
Laval University Robotics Laboratory
- Mainly focused on the study of parallel mechanisms and articulated robotic hands.
LIRA-Lab: Laboratory for Integrated Advanced Robotics
- Artificial vision and sensory-motor coordination from a computational neuroscience perspective. Experimentation is done with humanoid robots as well as basic research on artificial vision and robot control.
Lucy Bipedal Walking Robot
- A project of the Multibody Mechanics Research Group at the Free University of Brussels. Lucy was designed for research into the use of pneumatic artificial muscles for locomotion.
LUT Robotics & Automation Department
- Luleå University of Technology group specializing in telerobotics and models and algorithms for controlling the motion of robots using geometrical sensors.
Machine Intelligence Laboratory
- Based at the University of Cambridge Department of Engineering in the United Kingdom. Research topics include interpretation of visual motion, robot guidance, face detection, speech recognition and speech synthesis.
McGill University Center for Intelligent Machines
- Research topics include ambulatory robotics, mobile robotics, artificial perception, haptics, industrial automation, motor vision, and shape analysis.
McGill University Mobile Robotics Research
- Searchable bibliography, project list and other resources.
MIT Leg Laboratory
- Focused on legged locomotion and dynamic legged robots. Images, videos, and specifications for walking, running, and hopping robots including Troody the robotic dinosaur.
NASA JPL Robotics
- Performs development, integration, and demonstration of innovative robotics and automation technologies, supporting NASA missions and addressing other problems of national importance.
NASA Robotic Vehicles Group
- This NASA Jet Propulsion Lab group performs research, development, and tests of mobile robots in support of planetary exploration missions and terrestrial applications for NASA and other Government agencies.
Oxford Robotics Research Group
- Research topics include active vision, visual geometry, pattern analysis, machine learning, sonar imaging, sensor systems, and artificial neural networks.
Pace University Robotics Lab
- Focuses on building and testing a robot cognitive architecture. Also does research on intelligent agents for network security and intrusion detection.
Purdue Robot Vision Lab
- Specialties include 3D object recognition, vision-guided navigation for indoor mobile robots, task and assembly planning.
Research in the field of robots and cyborgs
- Gert conducts research in the field of robots and cyborgs.
- A group based in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Bonn that studies Intelligent Autonomous Systems. Topics include robotic agents, structured reactive controllers, robot learning, planning, perception, and reasoning.
Robotic Group DIEES University of CATANIA
- Service Robotic research projects include volcano inspection robots, orange picking robots, climbing robots and microrobots.
Robotics and Computer Vision Laboratory
- University of Illinois group based at the Beckman Institute. Specializes in robot vision technologies such as curved object recognition and structure from motion algorithms.
Robotics and Process Control
- A discontinued group at University of Kaiserslautern that specialized in mobile robots, 3D sonar sensing, and 3D scanning.
The Robotics Institute of CMU
- Established in 1979 to conduct basic and applied research in robotics technologies relevant to industrial and societal tasks. Links to a range of specific robots and labs.
Robotics, Perception and Real Time Group
- University of Zaragoza, Spain group that specializes in mobile robot localization, map building, navigation, multi-sensor fusion, sensor-based control, and manipulators.
- Czech Research group that develops robots for competition using a variety of technologies. Site also provides local robot news and information for other Czech robotics researchers.
Scientific American: Controlling Robots with the Mind
- October 2002 article detailing research into direct brain control of robotic prosthetic devices, by Miguel A. L. Nicolelis and John K. Chapin
SIUE Robotics Page
- Information on autonomous robot research and student robotics projects at the Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville.
Space Systems Laboratory, University of Maryland
- Consists of understanding how you do work in space; with people, with robots and how the two work together.
- Describes research on tiny robotic flyers, called Micro Air Vehicles (MAVs), being developed for military and civilian applications.
Stanford AI Lab (SAIL)
- home for researchers in the Stanford Computer Science Department whose primary research focus is Artificial Intelligence. Specializes in including manipulation, machine learning, navigation, vision, tactile sensing, and reasoning.
State Research Center of Russia
- Russia's Central Research and Development Institute of Robotics and Technical Cybernetics (CRDI RTC). Research topics include robotics and cybernetics for space, air, terrestrial, and anti-terrorism applications.
- EU-IST project aimed at the study of new approaches to design and implementation of self-organizing and self-assembling artifacts.
Sydney University Unmanned Aircraft Research
- Research topics include Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), mini Air Vehicles (mAVs), Remotely Piloted Vehicles (RPVs), Self Piloted Vehicles (SPVs), and other robotic aircraft.
Toy Robots Initiative
- A research project at Carnegie Mellon University. It aims to commercialize robotics technologies in education, toys and entertainment.
UC Berkeley Robotics and Intelligent Machines Lab
- University of California at Berkeley. Research topics include medical robotics, adaptation and learning, micromechanical flying insects, micro-robotics, and aerobots.
UFL Machine Intelligence Laboratory
- University of Florida group specializing in UAVs, Micro Air Vehicles (MAVs), and underwater robotics.
UIC Computer Vision and Robotics Laboratory
- University of Illinois at Chicago group specializing in robot control, haptics, mobile robotics, computer vision.
UMD Autonomous Mobile Robot Lab
- University of Maryland group specializing in robots for education and entertainment, goal-based robotics and motion planning.
University of Maribor Institute of Robotics
- Research is divided into three groups: industrial robotics, kinematics and simulations, and power electronics.
University of Zurich AI Lab
- Works on biologically inspired robotics, particularly the principle of embodied intelligence. The lab is transdisciplinary and includes researchers in the fields of computer science, mathematics, physics, biology, ethology, neurobiology, psychology, mechanical and electronics.
UR Vision and Robotics Research
- University of Rochester group specializing in appearance based recognition, mobile robots, and the use virtual reality techniques in psychophysics experiments to learn about the human brain and the human visual system.
USC Center for Robotics and Embedded Systems
- CRES is the second largest robotics research center in the United States. Brings together more than eight USC robotics research labs.
USC Robotics Research Lab
- Part of the University of Southern California Center for Robotics and Embedded Systems. Research includes multi-robot interaction, coordination, and communication; humanoid robotics; and software development.
UT Intelligent Robotics Research
- University of Texas group working on spatial semantic hierarchies, vision recognition systems, manipulators, and mobile robots.
Vanderbilt University Intelligent Robotics Laboratory
- Research topics include human-robot teams, human-robot interface, mobile robot navigation, range-free perception-based navigation, sensory egospheres, and vision/image processing systems.
Vision-based Robot Localization
- Research on various statistical localization architectures, with focus on vision based systems done by David Yuen of the University of Auckland Robotics Group. Description, presentations, and bibliography.
VUB Brussels AI Laboratory
- Current focus is on the origins of language and robotic agents. Prior research projects include a robotic fish and other mobile robots.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 3, 2015 at 6:15:04 UTC -