become an editor
the entire directory
only in Threads/Win32
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: Programming
Compound Win32 Synchronization Objects
- Describes strategies to combine the Win32 synchronization primitives into more complex synchronization objects. It presents several solutions for implementing advanced synchronization objects along with a comparison of how they perform.
Multithreaded Programming with Win32
- This book describes techniques for designing and implementing multithreaded software applications.
Multithreading for Rookies
- Focuses on some practical applications of Win32 multithreading.
POSIX Emulation Layer for WindowsThreads
- This package provides a POSIX layer on top of Win32 threads to facilitate porting of Unix applications to Win32 platforms. [Open Source, LGPL]
POSIX Threads (pthreads) for Win32
- An implementation of POSIX pthreads for Win32. [Open source, LGPL].
Pushing the Limits of Windows: Processes and Threads
- Discusses the limits on the maximum number of threads and processes supported on Windows. Describes the difference between a thread and a process, surveys thread limits and then investigates process limits
Scalable Multithreaded Programming with Thread Pools
- Presents some of the concepts of multithreaded programming and shows some simple ways to introduce threaded execution with OpenMP and thread pools. Also demonstrates how to use Visual Studio 2010 to measure the improvement in performance gained from these techniques. (September 30, 2010)
Synchronization Primitives New to Windows Vista
- Focuses on several of the new thread synchronization features introduced with Windows Vista: condition variables, slim reader/writer locks, and one-time initialization. (June 01, 2007)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 12, 2014 at 12:48:04 UTC -