become an editor
the entire directory
only in Programming/Operating_Systems
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Operating Systems
Computers: Software: Operating Systems
This category in other languages:
ACM Special Interest Group for Operating Systems
- Tutorial for writing an operating system and links to group members' projects.
Ace Operating System Project
- An open source operating system for X86 architecture. It also contains documents, specifications explaining various hardware.
- An open source project, which has been founded to provide an educational, network operating system kernel.
Bona Fide OS Development
- OS development information and tutorials. Links.
DBLP Bibliography: Operating Systems
- Links to many operating systems journals on the web.
Intel Pentium 4 Manuals
- The full documentation of system management from Intel for the IA-32 architecture.
Inter-Process Communication Tutorial
- Interactive tutorial about message passing, semaphores, and monitors.
- Resources for programmers new to kernel hacking. Example code, FAQs, utilities for debugging modules.
- OS Development RSS News, forums, and the OSDev Wiki including the largest listing of ameatur operating system projects on the internet.
Operating System Lecture Notes
- Notes on operating system theory, source code of describing actual construction of operating system in C programming language. Also OS construction related links to books, notes, tutorials, and news groups.
- A resource center for PC operating system developers. The aim is to provide reliable documents about software and hardware standards under the aspect of official specifications as well as more friendly documents.
Porting UNIX to the 386
- Historic article series appearing in 1991 that started the open source operating system movement.
The Basic Kernel Source Code Secrets
- By William Jolitz and Lynne Jolitz (authors of 386BSD OS). Good book to learn the kernel internals of 386 architecture operating systems.
The OSKit Project
- An open source set of libraries that can be used as building blocks for an operating system for x86. Includes documentation and publications.
The Operating Systems Resource Center
- Includes information about booting, file systems, memory, architecture, and interfacing with other devices.
Virtual Memory Tutorial
- Includes discussion of virtual memory.
Yet Another Object Oriented Operating System
- A project of developing new object oriented operating system.
visopsys OS Development
- A collection of source code, information, and links related to general Operating Systems Development on the Web.
Usenet alt.os.development -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:28:15 PM EDT -