become an editor
the entire directory
only in Methodologies/Refactoring
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Refactoring
Computers: Programming: Languages: Object-Oriented
Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Agile
Bill Griswold Page
- Researches software engineering: building large, complex systems at reasonable cost and high reliability; especially evolution (e.g., enhancement) of large systems, which is driven by unpredictable market forces, including customer desire for leading-edge functions.
Catalog of Database Refactorings
- Catalog of small changes to your database schema which improves its design without changing its semantics.
Code Refactoring - Wikipedia
- Overview of definitions and methodologies.
Don Roberts Page
- Personal page; majority of his work has been working with John Brant to develop the Refactoring Browser, and Smalllint system to detect common bugs and style errors in Smalltalk. Also works with Ralph Johnson at UIUC.
- Object-oriented programming expert and consultant, one of the leaders in refactoring, author of the book 'Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code', Extreme Programming proponent. Many useful articles and links.
Refactoring to Patterns
- By Joshua Kerievsky; Addison Wesley, 2004, ISBN 0321213351; interactive CD available. Jolt award winning book, merges refactoring (process to improve design of extant code) with patterns (classic solutions to recurring design problems). Industrial Logic.
The Refactory, Inc.
- Founded as a consortium of experts in Refactoring, objects, e-commerce, Patterns, Extreme Programming, flexible and adaptable systems; dedicated to helping organizations succeed with objects; evolved from Ralph Johnson Software Architecture group, University of Illinois.
- Catalog of 74 classic refactorings.
A Survey of Software Refactoring
- Abstract and many references, from paper with overview of research; link to full paper, for fee. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering.
Refactoring as Meta Programming?
- Suggests a different context than usual. Dave Thomas. JOT: Journal of Object Technology. (January 01, 2005)
Usenet comp.object -
Usenet comp.software.extreme-programming -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 10, 2013 at 1:08:51 UTC -