become an editor
the entire directory
only in Methodologies/Patterns_and_Anti-Patterns
Patterns and Anti-Patterns
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Patterns and Anti-Patterns
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: Languages: Object-Oriented
Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Object-Oriented
Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Software Product Line
Arcus Patterns for Business Information Systems
- Contains pattern papers on exception handling, database access, client/server UI design and design in general for the domain of business information systems.
Big Ball of Mud
- An examination of this most frequently deployed of software architectures. A casually, even haphazardly, structured system, the organization of which is dictated more by expediency than design.
- A pattern language for designing user interfaces and other artifacts.
- Information on Adaptive Programming including links, books, and papers. (Karl J. Lieberherr)
Design Pattern (Computer Science)
- Growing article, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia.
Design Pattern Automation Toolkit
- A toolkit to design applications using design patterns, with facility to generate code, and reverse engineering. Drag and Drop facility to create UML Class diagrams support to write custom plug-ins for code generators and reverse engineering. [Open source, GPL]
- Software techniques, papers, references, catalogs, generally and in C++, Java; for professional software developers. Software Technologies Ltd.
Design Patterns Explained: A New Perspective on Object-Oriented Design
- By Alan Shalloway and James R. Trott. Preface, table of contents, chapter from book, errata and answers to questions.
Design Reuse In SE/HCI
- Reuse techniques in HCI - Pattern languages For Usability (MVC, Safety, Internationalisation). Also, software development and learning about patterns.
- A pattern language for developing object-oriented frameworks.
- Article by Todd Coram and Jim Lee. A pattern language that can be used to generate user centered software designs.
Fowler, Martin: Analysis Patterns
- Patterns developed by Martin Fowler, a specialist in object-oriented software, building business objects, the UML, patterns, author of "Analysis Patterns" and "UML Distilled" books. Also features a collection of links to related subject areas.
An HTML 2.0 Pattern Language
- A work-in-progress to describe patterns of HTML development.
Huston Design Patterns
- GoF patterns with C++ and Java demos and some other patterns.
Interaction Design Patterns Page, The
- Resources related to pattern languages for interaction design, including user interface design.
An Introduction To Process Patterns White Paper
- Introduces the concept of process patterns, reusable building blocks from which an organization may tailor an object-oriented software process. Process patterns bring reuse and consistency to the entire OO software process (OOSP). By Scott W. Ambler, AmbySoft Inc.
Java Design Patterns
- Full, working Java programs, with output example shown.
JUnit Test Patterns in Rational XDE
- Describes using how to create patterns for the JUnit eXtreme Programming automated testing framework, by Frank Hagenson.
Lord of the Flies
- Describes a 'going native' organizational pattern for improving software development productivity.
- Present a new approach to design patterns, by Moisés Daniel Díaz Toledano. Includes links.
A Pattern Language for Relational Databases and Smalltalk
- Includes architectural, static, dynamic, and client-server patterns for integrating Smalltalk and RDBMSs.
Pattern Languages of Programs (PLoP) Conference
- Information about forthcoming and past PLoP conferences.
Patterns for Object/Relational Database Access
- Contains patterns, links and literature on object/relational database access layers.
- Fine resource on many aspects of patterns, anti-patterns, and pattern languages.
Portland Pattern Repository
- Very useful pattern information. Includes articles as well as discussions in the form of the WikiWikiWeb.
Unix Shell Patterns
- A collection of idioms for Unix shell programming
- Design patterns for many uses: graphic user interfaces, Web, mobile interface; background information, links to literature and other collections.
Why a Duck
- An introduction to polymorphism and design patterns, by John Brewer. Includes links and source code.
Implementing the Singleton Pattern in Java
- An article by Rod Waldhoff with sample source code. (August 08, 1998)
Patterns and Anti-Patterns
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:15:05 PM EDT -