become an editor
the entire directory
only in Object-Oriented/Criticism
Computers: Programming: Languages: Comparison and Review
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Extensions: Aspect-Oriented
- Articles about software development, especially methodologies such as Extreme Programming and ICONIX. Also includes links and discussions.
USENIX - Invited Talk: Objecting to Objects
- Paper which argues that OOP's main benefits stem from helping developers think more clearly - and that these benefits can be gained without using OOP.
Why OO Sucks
- Short essay by Erlang programmer critiques object-oriented programming from the perspective of functional programming, mostly.
Extensible Programming for the 21st Century
- Is an open, more flexible programming environment just around the corner? Article by Gregory V. Wilson. ACM Queue. (December 01, 2004)
Objects Have Failed
- By Richard P. Gabriel; OOPSLA 2002 address, Seattle, WA. A paradigm fails when the narrative it embodies fails to speak truth, or when its proponents embrace it beyond reason. (November 06, 2002)
The Risks Digest Volume 8: Issue 8
- Bruce Karsh argues that structured programming "is a really bad idea that has been holding back progress for years". Not intentionally humorous. (January 13, 1989)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 23, 2014 at 1:40:27 UTC -