become an editor
the entire directory
only in Object-Oriented/Criticism
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Object-Oriented: Criticism
Computers: Programming: Languages: Comparison and Review
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Extensions: Aspect-Oriented
Object Oriented Programming Oversold!
- Essay by "Topmind", a comp.objects regular; organized as rebuttal of a series of alleged OOP myths, argues that OOP is far less effective for custom business software than the industry often assumes. Long criticism on many levels and variables.
OO Example Code
- Example using object-oriented polymorphism in object-oriented and non object-oriented programming languages.
- Articles about software development, especially methodologies such as Extreme Programming and ICONIX. Also includes links and discussions.
USENIX - Invited Talk: Objecting to Objects
- Paper which argues that OOP's main benefits stem from helping developers think more clearly - and that these benefits can be gained without using OOP.
Why OO Sucks
- Short essay by Erlang programmer critiques object-oriented programming from the perspective of functional programming, mostly.
Extensible Programming for the 21st Century
- Is an open, more flexible programming environment just around the corner? Article by Gregory V. Wilson. ACM Queue. (December 01, 2004)
Objects Have Failed
- By Richard P. Gabriel; OOPSLA 2002 address, Seattle, WA. A paradigm fails when the narrative it embodies fails to speak truth, or when its proponents embrace it beyond reason. (November 06, 2002)
The Risks Digest Volume 8: Issue 8
- Bruce Karsh argues that structured programming "is a really bad idea that has been holding back progress for years". Not intentionally humorous. (January 13, 1989)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 19:58:21 UTC -