become an editor
the entire directory
only in Methodologies/Literate_Programming
Computers: Software: Typesetting: TeX
- Resources, consulting services, downloads, freeware for Windows 95/98/Me-NT/2000/XP; learn about the CWEB programming system; articles, books, CD, tools, news, links.
Bibliography on Literate Programming
- A part of the Computer Science Bibliography Collection.
The CWEB System of Structured Documentation
- By Donald Knuth and Levy, describing a prominent system of Literate Programming.
The Elucidative Programming Page
- Literate programming variant; explanations embed no code, but display next to code, in Web browser; source files are not altered, explanations organized by whole abstraction, not free form; now supports Java, Scheme. Explanations, examples, downloads.
FunnelWeb Literate Programming Tool
- Portable, production quality LP macro preprocessor, allows interweaving code and documentation for any programming language; emits HTML and TeX; runs on most platforms; Open source.
- A WEB system of structured documentation for multiple languages, originally the F was for FORTRAN, but now handles C, C++, Fortran (F77, F90), RATFOR, TeX (somewhat), tries to implement WYSIWYG language-independent mode. Open source, GPL.
The Java Elucidator
- Elucidative Programming system for Java, has: web server, abstractor, database interface, Emacs major mode.
- By Donald Knuth; University of Chicago Press, 1992, ISBN 0937073806. Description of original, seminal book on LP, by its creator. Treats WEB system.
- The WikiWiki entry point for related information and discussions.
- Growing article, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia]
Literate Programming FAQ
- Good place to start looking for information.
Literate Programming in XML
- Article by Norman Walsh.
Literate Programming Library
- A large collection of links to related resources.
Literate Programming with XML
- Provide tools to support Donald Knuth's Literate Programming using XML instead of TeX. Is not based on any specific DTD or programming language, but instead uses processing instructions for processing the literate programs.
Literate Programming: Propaganda and Tools
- Overview of concepts, advocacy, and some ideas for applying LP.
- Simple, extensible tool for Literate Programming.
The Nuweb System for Literate Programming
- Descendant of the original, first written by Preston Briggs; description, downloads.
SGML/XML and Literate Programming
- Information on applying SGML and XML to Literate Programming.
- A Literate Programming tool for XML written in XSL-T.
Usenet comp.programming.literate -
Usenet comp.text.tex -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2012 at 1:48:32 UTC -