become an editor
the entire directory
only in Aspect-Oriented/Articles
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Aspect-Oriented: Articles
The AOP Report Card
- AOP training and tool support are key issues for future growth. Dr. Dobb's.
The Case for Aspects
- AOP can finally advance beyond code-level constructs to realize true cross-cutting visibility for models. It’s taken 25 years, but now programming is on the cusp of a powerful new paradigm linking aspects and use cases. Dr. Dobb's.
- Whether focused on AOP generality, utility, or functionality, one may encounter some false concepts that get in the way. Dr. Dobb's.
- Two new books explore what it's like to build enterprise applications with aspects and offer a methodology to design AOP-implemented systems. Dr. Dobb's.
It's Not Metaprogramming
- AOP was a move away from explicit metaprogramming to a direct semantics for coding crosscutting concerns. But metaprogramming can still be useful, if kept under control. Dr. Dobb's.
The Key to AOP
- History shows that to be widely adopted, new programming paradigms must be expressive, efficient, intuitive, compatible, with good tool support. Dr. Dobb's.
The New Modularity
- Aspects open up new possibilities for previously locked-down parts of platforms. Dr. Dobb's.
Once More, From the Top
- What is AOP? How is it used? The basics are worth repeating, as are the realities that counter persistent misconceptions. Dr. Dobb's.
- From the podium to the hallways, the 3rd annual Aspect-Oriented Software Development Conference, Lancaster, England, was filled with the energy of commercial adopters. Dr. Dobb's.
Show Me the Structure
- AOP is about crosscutting structure. Grasp that, and it's clear what direction AOP tools must follow. Dr. Dobb's.
Testing the Waters
- With new tools emerging, and buzz rising, it's time to start working with AOP; a plan to do so, in 4 simple steps. Dr. Dobb's.
- The biggest impact has begun: like object-oriented programming before it, AOP is changing the way to think about elements of software systems. Dr. Dobb's.
I Want My AOP
- Series of 3 articles, with code samples, on how Aspect-Oriented Programming helps separate concerns and improves maintainability and flexibility. JavaWorld. (January 18, 2002)
Usenet comp.lang.object -
Usenet comp.object -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 5, 2013 at 22:20:19 UTC -