become an editor
the entire directory
only in Programming/Memory_Management
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Memory Management
ALI group at UMass
- Group at UMass that includes the Object Systems Laboratory, an active memory management research group.
- Malloc replacement with debugging features.
A garbage collector for C/C++ (Hans Boehm)
- Hans Boehm's page on the widely used Boehm-Demers-Weiser conservative garbage collector for C/C++. The Boehm-Demers-Weiser conservative garbage collector can be used as a garbage collecting replacement for C malloc or C++ new. It is also used by a number of programming language implementations that use C as intermediate code.
The Hoard Multiprocessor Memory Allocator
- Hoard is a fast, scalable and memory-efficient malloc-replacement for multithreaded applications on multiprocessors. Widely-used, open-source.
- A debug heap for *nix. Captures buffer overwrites, memory leaks, stale pointers, most buffer underflows, and can provide statistics on block sizes.
A Memory Allocator
- Article by Doug Lea about the design of his well-known "Lea" memory allocator.
The Memory Management Reference
- A resource for programmers and computer scientists interested in memory management and garbage collection. Includes a bibliography of influential authors and papers in the field. Links to a glossary and a beginner's guide to the field.
Paul Wilson's Garbage Collection Archive
- A collection of papers on garbage collection, memory allocation, and the like from the OOPS Research Group at the University of Texas at Austin. Includes papers from the OOPSLA Workshops on Garbage Collection in 1990, 1991, and 1993.
Richard Jones' Garbage Collection Page
- Richard Jones wrote Garbage Collection: Algorithms for Automatic Dynamic Memory Management", the first English book concerned solely with garbage collection. Garbage collection page has FAQs, and a bibliography.
Wolfram Gloger's malloc homepage
- Links to ptmalloc, a multithreaded-variant of Doug Lea's memory allocator.
The 2006 International Symposium on Memory Management
- Conference focused on research in management of dynamically allocated memory. Ottawa, Canada. (June 10, 2006)
ISMM: The 2004 International Symposium on Memory Management
- Conference focused on research in management of dynamically allocated memory. (October 24, 2004)
Garbage Collection & Memory Management Summer School
- 20-21 July 2004 Canterbury, UK. (July 20, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2012 at 11:53:20 UTC -