become an editor
the entire directory
only in Languages/Visual
Computers: Algorithms: Animated
Computers: Programming: Languages: Constraint
Computers: Programming: Languages: Dataflow
Computers: Programming: Languages: Functional
Computers: Programming: Languages: Multiparadigm
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Graphic Subsystems
- Data-flow language, and open graphical programming environment, for iterative tests, measurement analysis, presenting results; optimized to use with data acquisition devices (digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes), and source devices (arbitrary waveform generators, power supplies).
- Visual parallel programming system, composes sequential programs into parallel programs for shared-memory multiprocessors and workstations running MPI or PVM.
- A visual programming tool quickly build software applications by dragging and dropping icons that represent software components. [Commercial]
- Sells Max/MSP and Jitter, a family of interactive graphical dataflow programming environments for audio, video, and graphical processing.
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- From comp.lang.visual newsgroup.
Journal of Visual Languages and Computing
- Bimonthly journal on promoting visual languages, and on their implications for computing.
Khoral Research, Inc.: KRI
- Makes Khoros/Cantata visual dataflow programming language: rapid prototyping and cradle-to-grave software development, in a high productivity, integrated software systems environment.
- By iMatix Corp. Write top-level logic as readable state diagram and click. Libero generates: Assembler, C, C++, Java, VB, Unix shells, Perl, Awk, PL/SQL, PHP, and COBOL. Template-based code generator can be altered for any environment. Portable, fast, free: GPL.
Longflow Enterprises Ltd.
- Makes Limnor general purpose codeless programming platform and development environment, based on prebuilt components, object-oriented; supports functional programming, ActiveX, C#, .NET, Visual Basic. Needs Windows XP and above.
- Java applet for teaching binary search tree algorithms. It is unique in the way it combines programming, proof, and animation to enhance the learning experience. SourceForge. Open source, GPL.
- A visual programming tool designated for easy and quick creation of applications for Windows 95/98/NT/2000. By Gemtree Software.
Petri Nets World
- Petri Nets is a formal and graphical appealing language which is appropriate for modelling systems with concurrency.
ResearchIndex: Viz: A Visualization Programming System
- Describes design, implementation of high level visualization programming system, created from a need to support rapid visual prototyping in an environment that can be extended by abstractions in the application problem domain.
- Visual dataflow programming language and development environment. Lets you draw applications. Script any COM or OLE Automation server with Sanscript Pro.
- Experimental language to simplify application programming, based on copying (copied blocks are first class prototypes), live executable text, programming by example, prototypes. Description, FAQ, OOPSLA research paper, no download yet.
Subtext: Alarming Development
- Weblog for Subtext language. Polite discussion and debate on new programming models to simplify application programming.
Tersus Open Source Visual Programming Platform
- Make web applications by drawing flow diagrams instead of writing code; based on AJAX, one language for user interface, client side behavior, server side processing; descriptions, documents, forum, downloads.
- A scientific data and image analysis product that has its own Visual Programming Environment. VisiQuest was formerly known as Khoros Pro of Khoral research. By AccuSoft Corporation.
Visual Language Research Bibliography
- Large, well structured bibliography of papers on visual language research, also has brief list of links to other visual language related research resources.
Visual Languages for Knowledge Representation
- Study of visual languages, mainly concept map-based languages; multiple representations. Broader interest than programming only. Many references.
Visual Programming Language
- Brief, clear definition, explanation. [Wikipedia]
Usenet comp.lang.visual -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 11:35:12 UTC -