become an editor
the entire directory
only in Smalltalk/Squeak
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Smalltalk: Squeak
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: Languages: Garbage Collected: Object-Oriented
Computers: Programming: Languages: Interpreted: Bytecode
Computers: Programming: Languages: Language-OS Hybrids
Computers: Programming: Languages: Object-Oriented: Class-based
Computers: Programming: Languages: Object-Oriented: Pure
Computers: Programming: Languages: Open Source
Computers: Programming: Languages: Reflective
Computers: Programming: Languages: Smalltalk: Self
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Extensible
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Object-Oriented
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Open Source
This category in other languages:
- Free, open source, open research, super portable, new Smalltalk-80-based language, written in itself, by Smalltalk's inventors, the (nomadic) original Xerox PARC, Alan Kay team, now founding the Viewpoints Research Institute. Runs on 22+ platforms, hardware and OS. "Next to universal access, malleability is the prime figure of merit for Squeak. It is our intention for Squeak to evolve." Now hybridized with the Self language's Morphic User Interface Toolkit.
- More than any website so far, this one implements the largest piece of the original Xerox PARC Learning Research Group's vision for programming and education. Free downloads: run Squeak from in a Web browser (free plugin), software, program sharing/exchange areas, Alan Kay essays.
FTP site: USA, UIUC Squeak goodies library
- Many system extensions, applications.
- Focus: playful learning; technology and products for media authoring, mainly for training, edutainment; involves learning environments, collaborations, computer games; multimedia tools for school and private use, needing no training or programming knowledge.
- New project where we combine Mathematics and Smalltalk. Our goal: explore and promote use of Squeak and Morphic as a major tool in mathematics work.
- Swiki-like system using Morphic objects instead of HTML, pages look the same in any browser, content can contain arbitrary Smalltalk code behind the scenes.
- Hans-Martin Mosner's Squeak resources.
- Weblog on many related topics, by Takashi Yamamiya.
- Information and projects, place to discuss Squeak, and eToys and Tweak scripting languages.
Squeak: The Great Return
- Descriptions, free goodies, links, and the fascinating 'Squeak Scale: Let it Grow: Brief Comparison of Class Library'. English, Nihongo. By Satoshi Nishihara.
- New Georgia Tech Squeakers (students) describe their new projects, from multimedia authoring to advanced Swiki types; and staff list. Funders: National Science Foundation, Siemens, Al West Technology Fund.
- Information for novices on how to get up to speed in Smalltalk. Mostly a collection of prized mailing list notes, some small hacks.
- Comanche an open-source web server for Squeak. Swiki is a popular implementation of Ward Cunningham's WikiWikiWeb (Squeak + Wiki = Swiki) that runs under Comanche. Both Comanche and Swiki are implemented by Mark Guzdial's Collaborative Software Laboratory at Georgia Tech. Swiki FAQ. List of Comanche Swikis.
Swiki about Squeak
- Squeak Wiki 2. Mark Guzdial's Squeak Wiki Server, written in Squeak; at Georgia Tech.
Swikis on coweb.cc
- List of over 40 Swikis at Georgia Tech, all run on Squeak Comanche Web server.
The Future of Squeak
- By Dan Shafer, The WeTalk Network, Inc. Chapter from book; speculates on how the developers get from where Squeak was to Alan Kay's final Dynabook vision. [PDF]
The Hitchhiker's Guide to ...
- Weblog on Squeak, Smalltalk, and related topics: Croquet, Plopp, Seaside, some Java, T-shirts. By Torsten Bergmann.
ThingLab for Squeak
- FTP listing of files and Squeak samples.
- Fast growing (over 160) list of Squeak's community.
Yahoo Groups: Squeak
- Mail archive and discussion group.
- By Paul Bissex. Brief article describing Squeak. [Wired 7.07] (July 01, 1999)
The Mouse that Squeaked
- Medium size story describes early days, hopes, for Smalltalk and Squeak. [Wired News] (December 15, 1998)
Usenet comp.lang.object -
Usenet comp.lang.smalltalk -
Usenet comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy -
Usenet comp.object -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:08:09 AM EDT -