become an editor
the entire directory
only in Smalltalk/Implementations
Computers: Programming: Languages: Forth
Computers: Programming: Languages: Ruby
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Extensible
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Object-Oriented
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Reflective
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Submicrokernel
- Information on ObjectStudio, VisualWorks, VisualSmalltalk Enterprise; general Smalltalk information and success stories.
- Smalltalk-based pure object-oriented environment to work with Mac OS X software. Innovations: high-level model for object manipulation, powerful object browser. Developed from scratch for the Objective-C object model. Highly integrated with Cocoa, native access optimized. Descriptions, news, documents, downloads.
- Smalltalk application server, integrates well with Java, CORBA, relational databases.
- Smalltalk-80 implementation, runs on most Unix types and most places with a POSIX compliant library, well suited to scripting tasks and headless processing. Part of GNU Project of Free Software Foundation, FSF. [Open source, GPL]
- A Smalltalk with deep Windows integration and a .NET interface. [Commercial]
- Pure .Net Smalltalk, Win32 counterpart uses CLR moniker to integrate with .NET, integrates deeper than other Smalltalks. Runs on: all .NET platforms (DotGNU, Microsoft .NET, Mono), varied processor architectures, the Compact Framework.
Minimal: Tiny Smalltalk
- Download for VSTa operating system, tar file.
- Custom Smalltalk variant for the PIC microcontroller to run the MicroSeeker autonomous underwater vehicle.
- Smalltalk interpreter for GNUstep, used mainly as scripting framework to make scriptable servers or programs, to script GNUstep applications, or to talk to registered distributed objects, and work well with Objective-C. [Open Source, GPL]
- Weblog on scripting, StepTalk development.
- Strongly-typed, full rework of Smalltalk-80. Advanced inlining type-feedback compiler makes it far faster than other Smalltalks, optional type system makes it easier to understand. History, downloads, documents, FAQ. [Open Source, Sun]
- Project information: CVS, changes, downloads, mail list. [SourceForge.net]
Usenet comp.lang.object -
Usenet comp.lang.smalltalk -
Usenet comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy -
Usenet comp.object -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 10, 2016 at 20:24:03 UTC -