become an editor
the entire directory
only in Languages/Shading_Languages
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Shading Languages
HLSL - Direct3D
Hardware-Based Nonlinear Filtering and Segmentation
- Whitepaper on using high-level shading languages to provide non-linear image filtering. Includes an abstract, diagrams and metacode. [PDF]
OpenGL Geometry Shader4 Extension
- Specification for OpenGL's geometry shader APIs. Geometry shaders live in between vertex and fragment shaders in OpenGL's pipeline, and are used to introduce new primitives based on incoming vertices. Detailed documentation and pipeline diagram.
- Dr. Jian Huang's presentation on OpenGL shaders; includes history, overview, rendering examples, and comparisons of ARB vs Cg. [PDF]
- A tutorial on the basics of shading theory in 3D computer graphics.
- Powerpoint presentation on 3D shading languages. Includes coding comparisons and pros/cons of various shading languages.
Shading Languages for Graphics Hardware
- Language-independent overview of 3D shading language pipelines. Describes application to GPU architectures. [PDF]
Wikipedia: Shading Language
- Provides an overview and history of various shading languages.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 19, 2011 at 13:24:03 UTC -