become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ruby/Tools
Computers: Programming: Development Tools
Computers: Programming: Languages: Ruby: Software
- Scripts and libraries, Pcap libpcap interface, Python embedded in Ruby, Ruby SWIG module. By Masaki Fukushima.
- Program to encrypt/decrypt streams of data using Rijndael and Cipher Block Feedback mode (CFB-128), for shell scripts and Ruby. Description, downloads.
- A Language for MAcro processing, general purpose, powered by Ruby. Allows using any Ruby method in the same way one uses macros, so, immediately, Alma has thousands of built-in functions. [Open Source, GPL]
- Module adds simple aspect-oriented programming concepts to Ruby; allows wrapping code around extant methods in classes, which separates different concerns into different parts of the code. [Open Source, GPL]
- Ruby library; goal: implement integrated environment for bioinformatics research in Ruby. Kept simple to maximize usability, efficiency for biologists as a daily tool. Begun in Japan, supported by Universities of Tokyo, Kyoto; Open Bio Foundation.
Erik Veenstra: Ruby
- Projects (Tar2RubyScript, RubyScript2Exe, RubyWebDialogs, AllInOneRuby), well documented; tutorials (Distributing Ruby Applications, Distributing Rails Applications, Monitor-Functions), Code Snippets.
- An open source directory of gems powered by the ruby community.
Google Data on Rails
- Offers a library intending to help using Google services with the GData api format.
- Dozens of Ruby programs. Examples: reverse dependency tool, simple HTTP daemon, vim syntax coloring, Design by Contract, Literate Ruby, Fibonacci generators, generic XML generator.
- Software Archive, many projects. Examples: Racc, LALR(1) Perser generator; TMail, Mail Class (implements MIME multipart, more); strscan, extension to scan string faster. English and Japanese versions. Ruby-dev summary index. By Minero Aoki.
- MySQL API module (extension library) for Ruby; gives same functions to Ruby programs that MySQL C API gives to C programs.
- Ruby module; makes most functions, constants, and external variables of the C ncurses library accessible from Ruby.
- Provides a library to generate PDF documents.
RDE: Ruby Development Environment
- Integrated Development Environment, mostly a GUI wrapper of debug.rb with editor, Windows only. Screenshot, description, downloads: old, new.
- CORBA for Ruby. Goal: a pure Ruby version based on CORBA-Ruby Mapping Specification.
- Ruby O-o Compiler construction toolKIT; easy-to-use, written in and emits Ruby code. Current focus: 'front-end' phases of compiler construction; generates lexer and parser (more advanced than yacc's LaLr(1), grammars in Extended Backus-Naur form.
Ruby as Glue Language
- Ruby bindings for several libraries, programs, with readme files.
Ruby In Steel IDE
- Provides an IDE for Visual Studio with a commercial and a free personal edition.
- Offers a Ruby to PHP compiler, allowing a developer to write Ruby code and compile it to be run with PHP.
- Genetic programming library in Ruby.
- Analog to Perl's Inline::C, allows embedding C external module code in Ruby scripts directly; code is compiled and run on the fly, as needed. [open source, MIT License]
- Simple testing framework for Ruby. Descriptions, downloads.
- Interfaces the Simple Directmedia Library to Ruby, giving it high speed graphics, sound, and input abilities. Links to related projects. [Open source, LGPL]
- Fast Ruby module with Porter stemming algorithm; a process to remove commoner morphological and inflexional endings from words in English; main use is as part of term normalisation process usually done when setting up Information Retrieval systems.
- Ruby Zebedee: 100% compatible clone (protocol, configuration file), can be used by Ruby scripts easily like standard Socket API. Zebedee is simple program to form encrypted, compressed tunnel for TCP/IP or UDP data between two systems.
YAML.rb is YAML for Ruby
- Full-featured YAML parser and emitter. Use as drop-in replacement for PStore, or use one of its several APIs to store object data in friendly and readable YAML style; write data structures in plain text.
Yoshidam's Secret Page: Ruby
- Information on Ruby, powered by his XML module. Modules: XMLParser, Uconv, Oracle, VFlib3, Perl, Multibyte Extension for String class, Syslog; Libraries: Unicode, Susie Plugin, DirectDraw for Ruby, MDN.
Usenet comp.lang.ruby -
Usenet fj.comp.lang.ruby -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2014 at 6:54:06 UTC -