become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ruby/Tools
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Ruby: Tools
Computers: Programming: Development Tools
Computers: Programming: Languages: Ruby: Software
- Scripts and libraries, Pcap libpcap interface, Python embedded in Ruby, Ruby SWIG module. By Masaki Fukushima.
- Program to encrypt/decrypt streams of data using Rijndael and Cipher Block Feedback mode (CFB-128), for shell scripts and Ruby. Description, downloads.
- A Language for MAcro processing, general purpose, powered by Ruby. Allows using any Ruby method in the same way one uses macros, so, immediately, Alma has thousands of built-in functions. [Open Source, GPL]
- Module adds simple aspect-oriented programming concepts to Ruby; allows wrapping code around extant methods in classes, which separates different concerns into different parts of the code. [Open Source, GPL]
- Ruby library; goal: implement integrated environment for bioinformatics research in Ruby. Kept simple to maximize usability, efficiency for biologists as a daily tool. Begun in Japan, supported by Universities of Tokyo, Kyoto; Open Bio Foundation.
- Provides a module allowing to use the curl library in an application.
- Provides a Rails plugin to offer declarative transaction management.
DRP: Directed Ruby Programming
- Generative programming system, for genetic programming, grammatical evolution, or hybrid GP-GE; coded in all Ruby; best suited for interactive evolution and design work. Open source, GPL.
Erik Veenstra: Ruby
- Projects (Tar2RubyScript, RubyScript2Exe, RubyWebDialogs, AllInOneRuby), well documented; tutorials (Distributing Ruby Applications, Distributing Rails Applications, Monitor-Functions), Code Snippets.
- Offers an interface to the constraint programming library Gecode.
- An open source directory of gems powered by the ruby community.
Google Data on Rails
- Offers a library intending to help using Google services with the GData api format.
- High level library to deal with text user interfaces, build command line interfaces. Robust formatting has word wrap, paging, and list handling are possible. Handles validation rules for user input, implements menus easily. [Open source, GPL or Ruby License]
- Dozens of Ruby programs. Examples: reverse dependency tool, simple HTTP daemon, vim syntax coloring, Design by Contract, Literate Ruby, Fibonacci generators, generic XML generator.
- Software Archive, many projects. Examples: Racc, LALR(1) Perser generator; TMail, Mail Class (implements MIME multipart, more); strscan, extension to scan string faster. English and Japanese versions. Ruby-dev summary index. By Minero Aoki.
- Library for mocking and stubbing using a syntax like with JMock and SchMock.
- MySQL API module (extension library) for Ruby; gives same functions to Ruby programs that MySQL C API gives to C programs.
- Ruby module; makes most functions, constants, and external variables of the C ncurses library accessible from Ruby.
- Modules: NArray class for Numerical N-dimensional Arrays; Quanty (units) class containing value and unit, for automatic unit conversion and calculation; link to PGPlot graphics library interface.
- Provides a library to generate PDF documents.
- Provides a simple build program with capabilities similar to make.
RDE: Ruby Development Environment
- Integrated Development Environment, mostly a GUI wrapper of debug.rb with editor, Windows only. Screenshot, description, downloads: old, new.
- CORBA for Ruby. Goal: a pure Ruby version based on CORBA-Ruby Mapping Specification.
- Ruby O-o Compiler construction toolKIT; easy-to-use, written in and emits Ruby code. Current focus: 'front-end' phases of compiler construction; generates lexer and parser (more advanced than yacc's LaLr(1), grammars in Extended Backus-Naur form.
Ruby as Glue Language
- Ruby bindings for several libraries, programs, with readme files.
Ruby In Steel IDE
- Provides an IDE for Visual Studio with a commercial and a free personal edition.
- Offers a Ruby to PHP compiler, allowing a developer to write Ruby code and compile it to be run with PHP.
- Genetic programming library in Ruby.
- Analog to Perl's Inline::C, allows embedding C external module code in Ruby scripts directly; code is compiled and run on the fly, as needed. [open source, MIT License]
- Simple testing framework for Ruby. Descriptions, downloads.
- Interfaces the Simple Directmedia Library to Ruby, giving it high speed graphics, sound, and input abilities. Links to related projects. [Open source, LGPL]
- Fast Ruby module with Porter stemming algorithm; a process to remove commoner morphological and inflexional endings from words in English; main use is as part of term normalisation process usually done when setting up Information Retrieval systems.
- Ruby Zebedee: 100% compatible clone (protocol, configuration file), can be used by Ruby scripts easily like standard Socket API. Zebedee is simple program to form encrypted, compressed tunnel for TCP/IP or UDP data between two systems.
- Ruby bindings to the wxWindows cross-platform toolkit; documents, references, Wiki, downloads. [Open source]
YAML.rb is YAML for Ruby
- Full-featured YAML parser and emitter. Use as drop-in replacement for PStore, or use one of its several APIs to store object data in friendly and readable YAML style; write data structures in plain text.
Yoshidam's Secret Page: Ruby
- Information on Ruby, powered by his XML module. Modules: XMLParser, Uconv, Oracle, VFlib3, Perl, Multibyte Extension for String class, Syslog; Libraries: Unicode, Susie Plugin, DirectDraw for Ruby, MDN.
Usenet comp.lang.ruby -
Usenet fj.comp.lang.ruby -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:13:01 AM EDT -