become an editor
the entire directory
only in Python/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Python: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: Languages: Python: Articles and Reviews
This category in other languages:
Python Documentation Index
- Official tutorial and references, including library/module usage, Macintosh libraries, language syntax, extending/embedding, and the Python/C API. Also links to off-site beginners' tutorials, HOWTOs, and many special interest topics.
- Includes articles on simple script solutions, database management, web development, network protocols, and other advanced topics.
A Beginner's Python Tutorial
- A Python tutorial originally written for the modding community of Firaxis' Civilization. Useful to beginners with little or no programming knowledge.
Cameron Laird on Python and the Web
- Discusses both client-side and server-side Web programming.
Code Like a Pythonista: Idiomatic Python
- A tutorial that teaches common Python programming idioms used by experienced programmers, but may not be obvious to newcomers.
A Course in Python/CGI
- This site contains materials from a 13 week course for learning Python and CGI. Suited for self-study.
The Django Book
- Free (Only E-Book version) Django Web Framework E-Book by APress. The best book for learning Django. Requires good understanding of Python.
Five Minutes to a Python CGI
- By David Mertz. Brief introduction to writing CGI programs, Python CGI module, formatting output, error logging/debugging.
- By Magnus Lie Hetland. Minimal, concise, general introduction to programming, via Python, moves very quickly. English, Italian, Polish, Japanese, Serbian, Korean.
- By Magnus Lie Hetland. Minimal introduction for experienced programmers. Treats basics, OO programming, Jedi mind trick. English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish; German, Norwegian; Lithuanian, Polish, Russian; Japanese, Korean.
JPython: The Felicitous Union of Python and Java
- Excerpt from O'Reilly book: Learning Python.
- By Mark Lutz, David Ascher. Samples from O'Reilly book. Has manipulating data structures, files, programs; internet programming; JPython, now Jython, Python implementation for the Java platform.
One Day of IDLE Toying
- By Danny Yoo. Visual guide to using IDLE, a simple interactive shell for Python programming. Each step of this tutorial has screenshots for absolute beginners. English, Dutch, German; Greek, French, Italian, Portuguese; Indonesian.
Programming Python, 2nd Edition
- By Mark Lutz. O'Reilly book sample. Introduces Internet related topics: Zope (web publishing framework), HTMLgen (makes web pages from objects), Jython (Python for Java), XML processing, server pages, Windows web scripting extensions, restricted execution mode tools.
Python and UML
- Can the UML help Python developers? How about CP4E?
- An Interactive Instruction.
Python Database Programming
- Programs can use minimal code to access, display, and update a database. This guide provides "links to relevant Python modules, documentation, and projects" concerning databases, as well as adding persistence to Python objects.
Python for Beginners
- New to programming? This page lists some places that can get you started quickly.
Python Programming for Beginners
- Shows how to write programs that use command-line options, read and write to pipes, access environment variables, handle interrupts, read from and write to files, create temporary files, write to system logs.
Python Programming Tutorial
- By Richard G. Baldwin. Separate lessons teach programming basics. Free online, fee download files.
Python Quick Reference
- By Simon Brunning. Thorough 'cheat sheet'; brief reminders for nearly each language aspect: syntax nuances; built-in features, statements, modules; basic, advanced types, operations; lexical entities, common development tools. For several Python versions; HTML, Zip, Windows Help, text.
- Collaborative website built by ActiveState and O'Reilly, hosts user contributions; collection of recipes.
- Archives of current and past listserv discussions on a LOT of interesting topics. GREAT for researching problems.
- Introduction to Python, where to find it, how to install, and create a very simple script.
A Quick Tour of Python
- Short overview of some basics, for users with some programming knowledge.
TCC Publications: Programming Languages
- Python language quick reference (28 pp), Tkinter reference (84 pp), Python Imaging Library PIL quick reference (6 pp). Postscript and PDF formats available.
Tutorialized.com - Free Python tutorials
- A collection of Python tutorials from resources around the Internet.
Wikibooks Programming Python
- A tutorial for python on Wikibooks. It is editable by anyone.
Writing CGI Programs in Python
- Introduces using Python for CGI applications. Has database access examples. Several parts. [Developer Shed]
Usenet comp.lang.python -
Usenet comp.lang.python.announce -
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 11:15:07 UTC -