become an editor
the entire directory
only in Python/Books
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Python: Books
Computers: Programming: Languages: Python: Resources
Computers: Programming: Languages: Ruby: Books
This category in other languages:
Core Python Programming
- By Wesley J. Chun; Prentice Hall PTR, 2001, ISBN 0130260363. For experienced developers to improve extant skills; professional level examples. Starts by introducing syntax, objects, error handling, functions, classes, built-ins. [Prentice Hall]
Data Structures and Algorithms with Object-Oriented Design Patterns in Python
- The primary goal of this book is to promote object-oriented design using Python and to illustrate the use of the emerging object-oriented design patterns. A secondary goal of the book is to present mathematical tools just in time. Analysis techniques and proofs are presented as needed and in the proper context.
Dive Into Python 3
- By Mark Pilgrim, Guide to Python 3 and its differences from Python 2. Each chapter starts with a real code sample and explains it fully. Has a comprehensive appendix of all the syntactic and semantic changes in Python 3
Foundations of Python Network Programming
- This book covers a wide range of topics. From raw TCP and UDP to encryption with TSL, and then to HTTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, and ssh. It gives you a good understanding of each field and how to do everything on the network with Python.
Free Python books
- Free Python books and tutorials.
FreeTechBooks: Python Scripting Language
- Annotated list of free online books on Python scripting language. Topics range from beginner to advanced.
How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python
- By Allen B. Downey, Jeffrey Elkner, Chris Meyers; Green Tea Press, 2002, ISBN 0971677506. Teaches general principles of programming, via Python as subject language. Thorough, in-depth approach to many basic and intermediate programming topics. Full text online and downloads: HTML, PDF, PS, LaTeX. [Free, Green Tea Press]
An Introduction to Python
- By Guido van Rossum, Fred L. Drake, Jr.; Network Theory Ltd., 2003, ISBN 0954161769. Printed edition of official tutorial, for v2.x, from Python.org. [Network Theory, online]
Learn to Program Using Python
- Book by Alan Gauld with full text online. Introduction for those learning programming basics: terminology, concepts, methods to write code. Assumes no prior knowledge but basic computer skills.
Making Use of Python
- By Rashi Gupta; John Wiley and Sons, 2002, ISBN 0471219754. Covers language basics, use for CGI scripting, GUI development, network programming; shows why it is one of more sophisticated of popular scripting languages. [Wiley]
- By Magnus Lie Hetland; Apress LP, 2002, ISBN 1590590066. Readable guide to ideas most vital to new users, from basics common to high level languages, to more specific aspects, to a series of 10 ever more complex programs. [Apress]
Pro Python System Administration
- By Rytis Sileika, ISBN13: 978-1-4302-2605-5, Uses real-world system administration examples like manage devices with SNMP and SOAP, build a distributed monitoring system, manage web applications and parse complex log files, monitor and manage MySQL databases.
Programming in Python 3 (Second Edition)
- A Complete Introduction to the Python 3.
Python 2.1 Bible
- By Dave Brueck, Stephen Tanner; John Wiley and Sons, 2001, ISBN 0764548077. Full coverage, clear explanations, hands-on examples, full language reference; shows step by step how to use components, assemble them, form full-featured programs. [John Wiley and Sons]
Python 3 Object Oriented Programming
- A step-by-step tutorial for OOP in Python 3, including discussion and examples of abstraction, encapsulation, information hiding, and raise, handle, define, and manipulate exceptions.
Python Language Reference Manual
- By Guido van Rossum, Fred L. Drake, Jr.; Network Theory Ltd., 2003, ISBN 0954161785. Printed edition of official language reference, for v2.x, from Python.org, describes syntax, built-in datatypes. [Network Theory, online]
Python Programming Patterns
- By Thomas W. Christopher; Prentice Hall PTR, 2002, ISBN 0130409561. Shows how to write large programs, introduces powerful design patterns that deliver high levels of robustness, scalability, reuse.
Python Programming with the Java Class Libraries: A Tutorial for Building Web and Enterprise Applications with Jython
- By Richard Hightower; Addison-Wesley, 2002, 0201616165. Begins with Python basics, many exercises, interactive sessions. Shows programming novices concepts and practical methods. Shows programming experts Python's abilities and ways to interface with Java APIs. [publisher website]
Python: Visual QuickStart Guide
- By Chris Fehily; Peachpit Press, 2002, ISBN 0201748843. Task-based, step-by-step visual reference guide, many screen shots, for courses in digital graphics; Web design, scripting, development; multimedia, page layout, office tools, operating systems. [Prentice Hall]
Sams Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours
- By Ivan Van Laningham; Sams Publishing, 2000, ISBN 0672317354. Split into 24 hands-on, 1 hour lessons; steps needed to learn topic: syntax, language features, OO design and programming, GUIs (Tkinter), system administration, CGI. [Sams Publishing]
Text Processing in Python
- By David Mertz; Addison Wesley. Book in progress, full text, ASCII format. Asks for feedback. [author website, Gnosis Software, Inc.]
XML Processing with Python
- By Sean McGrath; Prentice Hall PTR, 2000, ISBN 0130211192, has CD-ROM. Methods to build XML applications fast, Python tutorial, DOM and SAX, new Pyxie open source XML processing library. [Prentice Hall PTR]
Usenet comp.lang.python -
Usenet comp.lang.python.announce -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 17, 2013 at 20:47:38 UTC -