the entire directory
only in Perl/Modules
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Perl: Modules
Computers: Programming: Languages: Perl: Database
Computers: Programming: Libraries
The CPAN Search Site
- An index of Perl Modules. The index is fully searchable and up to date.
- CPAN module that provides a framework for automatic text categorization.
Apache/Perl Module List
- A list of Perl modules used for interacting with the Apache Webserver.
- A Perl module that provides an Active Server Pages (ASP) port to the Apache Webserver. It allows developers to create dynamic web applications with session management and embed Perl code directly in static HTML files.
- Interface to the cookie routines in libapreq. Based on CGI::Cookie.
- Allows creation and modification of Apache .htaccess files.
- A Perl module which provides an interface to the PAM library.
Backend News Project
- A group of Perl modules that can be used to extract backend news files from different web sites and display the news in a personal website that has the ability to run Perl CGI scripts. Project is still in beta phase.
CDDB / CDDB_Get
- Retrieves the CDDB information for an audio CD.
- Offers an interface to William Pence's CFITSIO subroutine library.
- Perl extension to help cache output of time-intensive CGI scripts so that subsequent visits to such scripts will not cost as much time.
- Perl binding for ORBit.
CPAN Code Search by Gonzui
- Searches within the source code of all the modules available on CPAN.
- A list of CPAN authors, sorted in descending order by number of distributions contributed. Source code available.
- Designed to assist a developer in persisting data for a specified period of time.
- Provides a date datatype for Perl. With mailing list.
- Facilitates cached and pre-parsed file reading.
- Generic Perl module for reading and writing complex configuration files. Listed on CPAN.
- CPAN module for S/MIME message signing, verification, encryption and decryption.
- Profiler compatible with dprofpp.
- A server-side tool and framework for building websites with embedding Perl code in HTML pages. [Open source, GPL or Artistic License]
- Can be used to obtain information from a variety of sources, including markets in Australia, USA, Canada, Europe, and a number of managed funds.
- Several modules designed to fetch historical stock quotes from the web. Includes interfaces for Yahoo, WallStreetCity, and SiliconInvestor.
- Library of modules (and example scripts) for performing various on-line stock trading tasks such as buying, selling, and monitoring.
- Provides access to several GPS protocols, such as Garmin, NMEA, and Magellan.
- CPAN module that provides an object-oriented web framework for Perl. Includes an introduction, documentation, tutorials and download.
- Designed for accessing aviation weather information.
- Perl generator for Glade.
- CPAN module which abstracts the Google Adwords SOAP API, and provides an easy to use Object Oriented API. Includes documentation and source.
- Perl module for basic IMAP server administration, including create, delete, subscribe and quota methods
Installing Perl Modules
- A guide to installing Perl modules on Unix and Windows platforms.
- Module allows talk to a JVM on a local or remote machine.
- Allows one to communicate with the Lego MindStorms(R) RCX brick from a workstation through the IR tower.
- Damian Conway's paper on the module that makes it possible to write Perl programs in Latin.
- A Perl module for reading, manipulating, outputting and converting bibliographic records in the Machine Readable Cataloging (MARC) format.
- Perl extension to manage a music album built of mp3 files.
- Used to reload specific modules in a permanent-running environment.
- Collection of modules that act as a Domain Name System resolver. They allows the programmer to perform DNS queries that are beyond the capabilities of gethostbyname and gethostbyaddr.
- Module for handling the ICQ2000 protocol.
- Object-orientated module that provides methods to query, retrieve and update RIPE-157 formated objects, from whois servers that support this format.
- This module provides a Perl interface to the Z39.50 information retrieval protocol.
- Implements the server side of the Z39.50 (information retrieval) protocol.
- A Perl extension module for scientific data access via version 2 of the netCDF API.
PITA - The Perl Image Testing Architecture
- CPAN module that attempts to comprehensively solve the problem of mass testing Perl packages against a wide variety of different environments.
- Object-orientated parallel processing fork manager.
- A Perl module that allows programmers to access and manipulate LDAP directories.
- Implementation of the Java Beans framework in Perl.
Perldoc.com: Core Modules
- Documentation for modules that form part of the standard distribution of perl.
- A framework of classes that provides persistence for Perl objects.
- API for RDF storage and maintenance.
- Enables parsing and executing RPL programs, providing stack and variables management routines, as well as a library of built-in primitives for flow control, list manipulation and basic calculus.
- The home of SMS::Ringtone::RTTTL::Parser (a RTTTL string parser and validator) and SMS::Ringtone::RTTTL::MIDI (a RTTTL to MIDI format converter). A free web service is also available to test these modules.
- Information and examples for creating Excel Spreadsheet files with Perl.
- Provides a low-level framework for portable automated testing of executable commands and scripts.
The Bioperl Project
- A collection of Perl modules for developers of bioinformatics software.
The Perl DateTime Project
- A set of modules for dealing with today's complex time zone system, date conversion and calculating the date upon which Easter falls in a given year.
The WebFetch Project
- A set of Perl5 modules that provide a framework for retrieving information from local files and/or the web.
- Perl module that maps relational tables into hashes. Provides description, documentation, sample code, and source downloads.
- Wrappers for the VACM programmer's API.
- Framework for sending free SMSs over the web.
- A collection of Perl modules which provide an API to WWW search engines like AltaVista, Lycos, Hotbot, and WebCrawler.
- A Perl module that provides low level OO interface to gather all weather information that is provided by weather.com.
- CPAN module that implements version 5 of the Cache Digest specification. See WebCache::ICP for client and server side support for the Internet Cache Protocol.
- CPAN module that implements the client and server side support for version 5 of the Internet Cache Protocol. See WebCache::Digest for the Cache Digest implementation.
- Implements methods supported by UserLand weblogUpdates framework.
- Allows to use the Microsoft Agent 2.0 OLE control in perl scripts.
WordNet Perl Module
- An object oriented interface to WordNet 1.6 database.
- A Perl module for interfacing with the FVWM2 X11 window manager API.
- Very popular Perl 4/5 module for simple CGI tasks, such as reading form input.
- General-purpose, lightweight, templating system.
fmscore and Mail::Freshmeat
- A Perl program and module which it use supplied by the user of freshmeat.net newsletter to rank the entries in a newsletter by interest. It also has the nice side effect of removing the advertising from the top of the newsletter.
- CPAN modules to provide a simple and consistent programming interface to the WWW.
- Perl bindings to the wxWindows cross-platform toolkit.
Recent Perl Modules
- Latest module uploads from the CPAN search site. [RSS]
Usenet comp.lang.perl.modules -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:13:54 PM EST -