become an editor
the entire directory
only in Perl/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Perl: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
This category in other languages:
1st SPOT Perl
- Information about Perl, a link collection to tutorials and manuals and to Perl programming and script libraries.
Allexperts CGI & Perl Q&A
- Volunteer experts answer your Perl questions.
- An online version of the book by Simon Cozens that provides a complete introduction to Perl, aimed even for people without any programming knowledge.
Brainbell.com Online Perl Book
- An online book about Perl that focuses on HTML and CGI programming.
A Complete Guide for Perl
- Learn Perl in simple steps and use this tutorial as a reference manual.
Dale Bewley's Perl Scripts and Links
- A page that contains CGI scripts and other scripts, and a link collection to other Perl sites.
Eric's Perl Tutorial
- Free online tutorial covering basic and advanced aspects of Perl for webmasters.
Examples in Perl
- That the author found useful and has learned from. Includes an introduction chapter and a reference chapter with links to Perl resources.
- Quickly find Perl Programming help, information, and assistance from other expert members.
- Database of Perl tutorials, text taken from books published by Wrox.
FreeSkills - Perl Tutorials
- Index of tutorials covering attributes, prototypes, regular expressions, subroutines and advanced topics.
FreeTechBooks: Perl Scripting Language
- Annotated list of free online programming books. Topics range from beginner to advanced. Descriptions, publishing information, links.
- Instructions on downloading a Perl interpreter for your computer platform.
Haifa University Perl Course
- Slides in English. Covers the basics, regular expressions, data structures, modules, closures and files and processes.
How Stuff Works: Perl
- Marshall Brain shows in 6 pages how to read and write simple Perl scripts.
ITworld - Perl
- Articles about Perl from beginner level to all kinds of advanced topics.
John Bokma - Perl
- Short examples of Perl scripts with some explanation.
- Books, mailinglists, and news for people learning or interested in learning Perl.
- Topics about Perl basics, database management, net programming, modules, editors, debugging, tutorials.
Nik Silver's Perl Tutorial
- A tutorial from his one-day hands-on workshop. Covers the basics, subroutines, arrays, files and regular expressions.
Object Oriented Perl
- A series of extracts from the book by Dr. Damian Conway. [PDF]
Official Perl FAQ
- The official frequently asked questions about Perl, as taken from the perldoc manpages.
Periodic Table of the Perl 6 Operators
- Graphic of Perl 6 operators in the format of the periodic table of elements. [PDF]
Perl & Y2K
- "Perl is every bit as Y2K compliant as is your pencil; no more, and no less".
Perl - Wikipedia
- Provides language history, function information and code examples.
Perl 5 Tutorial
- Features a coverage of Perl fundamentals targeted at beginners. Available in PDF format.
Perl Archive's Learning Center
- Perl related articles and tutorials.
Perl Beginners' Site
- A beginners site for Perl with links, a mailing list and a Wiki.
- Contains materials from a 14 week course in Perl suited for self-study.
- Official site for the how-to / reference guide on debugging Perl programs, by Peter Scott and Ed Wright.
Perl Design Patterns Wiki
- Free online book and forum.
Perl for Perl Newbies
- A series of lectures with slides. Covers the basics, data structures, I/O, regular expressions, modules and objects, and some advanced topics.
- Perl collection of tips, howto's, FAQs and tutorials.
Perl in 20 Pages
- A guide to Perl 5 for C/C++, awk, and shell programmers.
Perl Modules by Eric Foster-Johnson
- An explanation on how to create modules in Perl and the home page of the book with the same title.
Perl Training Australia's training manuals
- Freely available copies of the training manuals used in Perl Training Australia's commercial courses.
- A comprehensive Perl Tutorial, providing step by step examples for beginners. Includes information on setting up a Perl development environment, basic data types, conditional branching, common algorithms and Perl resources.
Perl.com's Beginners' Introduction to Perl
- Covers the basics, regular expressions, objects, code safety, CGI scripting and files.
perl.com: Beginner's Introduction to Perl
- A series of articles that introduces perl to beginners, and explain some of the basic constructs and syntax used in the language.
Perl/Tk Tutorial - Create GUI with Perl's Tk Module
- A tutorial for Perl/Tk language. Teaches how to create and code GUI (Graphical User Interface) programs using Perl and using the Tk module.
- A collection of Frequently Asked Questions, How To documents, and tutorials.
Picking Up Perl
- A freely redistributable tutorial book on Perl in text, HTML, pdf and postscript format.
Picking Up Perl, 2nd Edition
- An update to the online book with three new chapters on Perl Input/Output and file handling.
PTI - Fundamentals of Perl
- A course with online slides. Covers the basics including syntax, files, regular expressions, data structures and process mangament.
Robert's Perl Tutorial
- A Win32-friendly tutorial to Perl. Covers the basics, regular expressions, I/O, bulk functions, subroutines, modules and debugging.
SAGE - Perl Practicum
- Index page for several articles that Hal Pomeranz wrote for the USENIX Association's newsletter ";login:"
Tizag Perl Tutorial
- An introduction to Perl with lessons including: operators, arrays, and file manipulation.
Useful Perl Scripts With Regular Expressions
- This tutorial covers how to parse multiple files of specified types in a specific directory and sub directories so that all files can have the same change made to them.
Using the Perl Debugger
- Article by brian d foy about using the Perl debugger.
When Perl is not Quite Fast Enough
- Explains how to write fast and efficient code.
perl.com: Perl Design Patterns, Part 2
- Phil Crow continues his series on how some popular patterns fit into Perl programming. (August 07, 2003)
perl.com: Perl Design Patterns, Part 1
- The Gang-of-Four Design Patterns book had a huge impact on programming methodologies in the Java and C++ communities, but what do Design Patterns have to say to Perl programmers? Phil Crow examines how some popular patterns fit in to Perl programming. (June 13, 2003)
Strictly On-Line: Network Programming with Perl
- Using Perl to perform networking tasks is easy. An article by James Lee. (April 01, 1999)
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 12:54:04 UTC -