become an editor
the entire directory
only in PHP/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: PHP: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: Internet: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: Languages: PHP: Resources
This category in other languages:
- Complete and hyperlinked manual documents and explains all elements of PHP. Includes FAQ section and user comments.
Add mapping functionality to websites with Image_GIS in PHP - Tech Republic
- Image_GIS is a PEAR package for PHP that allows you to add digital maps to Web sites using free downloadable GIS files. Learn how to use the Image_GIS package to add mapping functionality to a Web site.
Blobbing data with PHP and MySQL - Devarticles
- Showing how to store and retrieve binary data in a MySQL database by using PHP.
Building Apache and PHP
- Step by step tutorials describing how to build Apache and PHP on various Unix flavours, including how to build every component and library they depend on.
Classes and PHP - PHPBuilder
- A description in plain English of what classes are, and how they can make your project easier to complete and extend.
Code injection vulnerabilities explained
- Code Injection is a term used when code is injected straight into a program/script from an outside source for execution at some point in time.
Compare file contents and render the output with Text_Diff
- The Text_Diff PEAR class makes it possible to compare file contents in the PHP environment and render the output in various formats. This tutorial demonstrates this class in action, illustrating how you can use it to dynamically compare file contents with PHP and render the results as a Web page.
Comprehensible PHP code - PHPBuilder
- A good programmer makes her code look so simple and comprehensible that any other programmer can understand it and appreciate it.
Configuration manipulation with PHP Config - Dev Shed
- This article introduces a toolkit designed specifically for manipulating configuration files, thereby reducing the number of lines of code needed to read and modify application variables. This toolkit is written in PHP and implemented as a class, suitable for use in any PHP-based application and accessible via standard OO techniques.
Control transformations using XSLT parameters - TechRepublic
- Phillip Perkins outlines the advantages of using XSLT, which includes the fact that you aren't restricting your data to one particular layout.
Create an audio stitching tool in PHP - TechRepublic
- One way to provide visually impaired users with the ability to use OCR-defeating passcodes is to stitch WAV files together. Phillip Perkins shows you how to deconstruct a group of WAV files and reconstruct one large WAV file by compiling the group.
Database abstraction with PHP - Dev Shed
- Explains the PEAR database abstraction layer.
Database enabled websites
- A tutorial on using PHP3 and MySQL to develop database enabled applications for websites.
Date and time handling in PHP
- This tutorial explains date and time handling using PHP and MySQL.
File and directory manipulation, part one - Dev Shed
- PHP comes with a full-featured file and directory manipulation API that allows you (among other things) to view and modify file attributes, read and list directory contents, alter file permissions, retrieve file contents into a variety of native data structures, and search for files based on specific patterns. This file manipulation API is both powerful and flexible - two characteristics that will endear it to any developer whose ever had to work with file manipulation commands.
File and directory manipulation, part two - Dev Shed
- This second segment of the tutorial on the PHP filesystem API takes you into deeper waters, showing you how to copy, delete and rename files; scan directories; work with uploaded files over HTTP; perform pattern matches on file names; and read and write to processes instead of files.
GIS mapping in PHP
- A series of tutorials on using PHP to access GIS mapping information. The tutorials start with the basics, build on them, and provide many examples for more complex functions.
How to compile PHP and Apache 2 from source on Linux
- Provides detailed, step-by-step information on compiling PHP as an Apache 2.0 shared module on a Linux system.
Implement MySQL-based transactions with a new set of PHP extensions
- This brief tutorial will show you how to use a PHP 5.x MySQL extension, called MySQL Improved, to implement MySQL-based transactions with PHP.
Implementing Bayesian inference using PHP
- Paul Meagher introduces Bayesian inference by discussing the basic mathematical concepts involved and demonstrating how to implement the underlying conditional probability calculations using PHP.
Manual quick reference
- Quick reference that lists all PHP functions.
PHP - W3Schools
- Provides basic to advanced PHP functions. Users can also learn how to integrate PHP with other languages such as MYSQL, AJAX, and XML.
PHP and regular expressions 101 - WebReference
- This tutorial steps through the POSIX-compliant regular expression functions in PHP in a straightforward manner.
- PHP tutorials and scripts for beginners.
PHP feedback form with source code
- Tutorial for feedback, bug report, contact PHP forms includes all copy and paste code.
PHP MySQL interactive website design
- The lessons provided in this PHP/MySQL tutorial are short and simple. You'll learn to create and manipulate a simple database of names and birthdates.
PHP programming tutorial for the absolute beginner
- An easy to follow tutorial which focuses on the most elementary PHP concepts. Suitable for people who have heard of PHP, but who have never actually seen or written PHP or any other programming language.
PHP QuickStudy - Computerworld
- Article by Sharon Machlis in ComputerWorld. Explainer on the PHP scripting language and what IT managers should know about it. Includes an interview with PHP creator Rasmus Lerdorf and links to other Web resources.
PHP RRD tool tutorial
- A tutorial on using RRDTool's PHP extensions to gather data, report statistics, and generate graphs.
PHP security guide
- Guidance from the PHP Security Consortium on how to develop more secure applications.
PHP tutorial - Martin Geisler
- This tutorial is aimed at users who have no previous experience with programming in PHP or any other programming language.
PHP tutorial - Tizag
- A PHP tutorial that covers all the basics of PHP. It is geared towards web developers with little or no PHP experience.
- Dedicated to provide tutorials and step-by-step help for beginners. Instructions on basics of PHP programming, examples and coding PHP with MySQL.
- Provides PHP tutorials geared towards newcomers that range from language basics to integrating with MySQL.
Pitfalls of transactions with PHP - ONLamp
- Database transactions are important for data reliability and consistency. Used properly, they can prevent many types of errors. Used improperly, they can cause many other kinds of errors. Kimberlee Jensen demonstrates using transactions with PHP well.
- A wikibook about programming in PHP. Also provides external links for more information.
Saving resources with phpCache - Website Publisher
- Tutorial explains how to implement the phpCache script and use it to keep your database server load low.
Search engine-friendly URLs - Website Publisher
- Article describes three ways to make your URLs search engine friendly using PHP.
Searching with PHP and ht://Dig - Devshed
- Adds search capabilities to site using the popular open source tools PHP3 and ht://Dig.
Serving XHTML with the correct mime type using PHP
- Describes how to send XHTML with the correct mime type safely using PHP. Includes the ability to "fall back" to HTML if the viewing web-browser does not support XHTML.
Simple linear regression with PHP
- In contrast with other open source languages like Perl and Python, PHP lacks a robust community effort to develop a math library. This article provides an example of a PHP math library called SimpleLinearRegression that demonstrates a general approach that can be used to develop PHP math libraries.
SQL Injection - Chris Shiflett - Security Corner
- Article explaining SQL injection by looking at sample attacks and then introducing methods for prevention.
Stopping spambots from submitting forms
- Demonstrates a technique for preventing spambots from submitting forms, using questions such as "which day comes after Tuesday?" or "spell the number 7 in lowercase letters."
TechGeeks: Optimizing PHP on Apache
- Explains how to decrease server load and script execution time.
Template example with PHP Includes
- Show how to use 'php includes' inside a template.
Ten security checks for PHP - ONLamp
- Though it's easy to create sites in PHP, it's not immune to sloppy coding. Clancy Malcolm explains how to recognize and fix potential security holes.
Three-Tier development with PHP 5 - ONLamp
- Luis Yordano Cruz demonstrates three-tier PHP application design with PEAR::DB_DataObject, Smarty, and PHP 5. The article assumes that you have some familiarity with HTML, Smarty, PEAR::DB_DataObject, MySQL, and PHP 5.
Use BB code in your PHP application - SitePoint
- BB code is a simple set of instructions that provide rules as to how a piece of text should be formatted. In this hands-on tutorial, Stoyan explains the basics that every developer should know about the use of BB code in PHP applications.
Using cookies in PHP - Website Publisher
- Learn how to set and read cookies using the PHP scripting language.
Using PHP 5's simpleXML
- This tutorial explains the usage of the Simple XML extension new to PHP 5. It provides examples of reading and querying XML data.
Wordpress Expert - Nilesh Shiragave
- Wordpress portfolio of Nilesh Shiragave. Wordpress developer writing tutorials on PHP and wordpress coding. Website consist of tutorials,tricks,snippets related to PHP,wordpress,CSS,HTML
Usenet comp.lang.php -
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 4, 2014 at 18:31:29 UTC -