become an editor
the entire directory
only in Magazines_and_E-zines/Articles
News and Media
Magazines and E-zines
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: News and Media: Magazines and E-zines: Articles
The Java Language: An Overview
- Describes how Java is a simple, object-oriented, network-savvy, interpreted, robust, secure, architecture neutral, portable, high-performance, multithreaded, dynamic language.
- A review of the Java platform including J2EE and web services sections. Includes sample programs and screenshots.
Rethinking Computer Science 101 (with Java)
- Project at MIT on "innovations in introductory computer programming".
Using Java's Reflection API, by Amandeep Singh
- There can be many situations when you are not able to tell, exactly what class will be instantiated until runtime - which is where reflection comes in.
New Data Transfer Capabilities
- John Zukowski reviews data transfer support within and between applications. Data transfer includes two tasks: cut, copy, and paste access to the user or system clipboard and drag-and-drop support. (November 01, 2001)
- Andrew Newton reviews an alternative to Property files. (July 10, 2001)
The Bluffer's Guide to Java
- Introduces Java terminology for the Web developer. (April 29, 2000)
CNN: Java kept alive by big money
- Big business provides most of the market for Java. (April 04, 1999)
Design for Open Systems in Java
- Seminal paper on the demise of "absolute" encapsulation and transparency as an ideal. (September 06, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:51:04 AM EDT -