become an editor
the entire directory
only in Jini/Articles
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: News and Media: Magazines and E-zines: Articles
Jini and Network Devices
- By Hinkmond Wong. Networking consumer devices.
The Jini Pattern Language
- Workshop at OOPSLA 2000. This workshop attempt to identify the patterns and pattern language embodied by Jini Technology.
Jini Security : A Decentralized Trust Management Approach
- Academic research paper on jini security.
Call on extensible RMI
- The latest RMI framework, Jini Extensible Remote Invocation (JERI), introduced as part of the Jini 2.0 release, features a powerful, highly configurable RMI security mechanism. This article presents an extensible RMI overview and demonstrates JERI's configuration features. By Frank Sommers. (December 19, 2003)
Accessing MBeans Through the Jini Service
- Article by Frank Jennings. (September 01, 2003)
SD Times: Sun Dreams of Jini for Web Services
- Article by Edward J. Correia. Claims dynamic network architecture not just for devices, suitable for discovery, delivery. (March 01, 2002)
Is There Life in JavaSpace?
- Interesting visionary article on Jini, JavaSpaces for collaborative workplaces.[O'Reilly] (May 04, 2001)
Survival of the fittest Jini services
- By Frank Sommers. Ensure the quality of Web services in the age of calm computing. (April 01, 2001)
News.Com Commentary: Summoning a less-potent Jini
- By Mark Driver, Gartner Analyst. Transformational leaps in network computing never occur at blink-of-an-eye speeds. The much-ballyhooed Java Jini software is a case in point. (October 02, 2000)
O'Reilly: Top 10 Jini Tips
- By Scott Oaks, Henry Wong. (October 02, 2000)
Sun dreams of slimmer Jini
- By Stephen Shankland. Sun Microsystems is scaling back its Jini software intended to network everything from kitchen appliances to cell phones, adding a stripped-down version more likely to work on today's gadgets. (October 02, 2000)
A Demonstration of Jini Technology and the K Virtual Machine
- By Michael Deleo. This article describes a demonstration featuring 3Com Palm Pilots, Lego Mindstorm miniature tanks, and Jini technology presented at this year's JavaOne Developer Conference. This article explores some of the challenges solved by the demonstration developers with Jini technology and the K Virtual Machine (KVM). (September 01, 1999)
The Jini architecture for network-centric computing
- Article by Jim Waldo, from Communications of the ACM Volume 42, Issue 7. (July 01, 1999)
One huge computer
- Article on Bill Joy's (chief architect at Sun) vision of Jini [Wired magazine]. (August 06, 1998)
JavaWorld: The Skinny on Jini
- By Rawn Shah. Jini and JavaSpaces bring true distributed computing to Java. (August 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 29, 2014 at 6:54:08 UTC -