become an editor
the entire directory
only in Java/Implementations
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Implementations
Computers: Programming: Languages: Ada: Java Virtual Machine
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Development Tools: Translators: Java to Other
Aonix North America, Inc.
- Provider of embedded and realtime JVMs. Provides news and articles.
- Port of Kaffe to the BeOS platform. [Open Source, GPL]
- The GNU Compiler for Java - compiles Java source or bytecode to native machine code. Most APIs are supported, except the AWT and Swing. [Open Source, GPL]
- A free replacement for Sun's proprietary core Java class libraries. [Open Source, GPL with exception]
GNU Classpath Extensions
- A free replacement for the "javax.*" classes (core and otherwise); sibling project to GNU Classpath. [Open Source, GPL/LGPL]
IBM Developer Kit Porting
- Provides free developer kits for creating and testing Java applets and applications on a number of platforms, including AIX and Linux. Also other Java tools. [Freeware]
- A harness to build the OpenJDK source code from using Free Software and provide replacements for the binary plugs with code from the GNU Classpath project.
Java Virtual Machine
- Introduction to the Java Virtual Machine, links to JVMs for different platforms, and collection of related articles.
Java/Kaffe for Amiga Computers
- Information on getting Java (Kaffe) to run on Amiga computers.
JC Virtual Machine
- A Java virtual machine implementation that converts class files into C source files using the Soot Java bytecode analysis framework, compiles them with GCC, and loads them using a built-in ELF object file loader. [Open source, LGPL]
JDK 1.1.8 for NetBSD
- Contains releases of the Sun JDK version 1.1.8 for the NetBSD/i386 platform. [Freeware]
- A former IBM research virtual machine focussing on compatibility, high performance, dependency analysis, and constructive assistance. Project information, FAQ, and links. [Open Source, CPL]
- Combines the jJOS kernel and decaf virtual machine. [Open Source]
- Enabling the integration of pure Java into Microsoft .NET applications. Tools support J2SE or J2EE, allowing .NET code to access J2EE facilities including EJBs, and JNDI. SE (Standard Edition) and EE (Enterprise Edition) versions.
- Java Virtual Machine. Works on many platforms and includes Just-In-Time (JIT) support for most of them. PersonalJava 1.1 compliant (but does not fully support the Java 2 Platform). [Open Source, GPL]
- Java VM for Unix, more so Linux. Native threads and JIT compiling. Uses GNU Classpath. [Open Source, GPL]
Open Runtime Platform
- Open source research infrastructure for dynamic compiling and memory management; supports programs compiled to bytecode and linked with GNU Classpath libraries. [SourceForge, Open Source, Intel]
- JIT plugin for the Sun JVM, for Linux and FreeBSD on x86 processors. Includes support for a transparent distributed object system, MetaVM. [Open Source, GPL]
- Java virtual machine (VM) that runs in Linux kernel, Linux kernel module JVM, based on JOS and kissme projects. [Open Source, GPL]
- Open source implementation of the Java runtime. Includes links to other open source resources.
Ground work laid for Open Source Java
- Sun Microsystems backed industry body, Java Community Process (JCP) oversees development of platform and language, voted to alter community structure, officially supporting OSS implementations of Java, JCP 2.5. [The Register] (November 28, 2002)
Alternative Java Implementations
- Article by David K. Friedman and David A. Wheeler. It briefly introduces Java, provides a bit of Java history, and describes various Java implementations. (August 05, 2002)
Usenet comp.lang.java.machine -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:46:47 AM EDT -