become an editor
the entire directory
only in Java/Extensions
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Extensions
Computers: Programming: Languages: Eiffel
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Class Libraries: Data Formats: Java Class Files
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Development Tools
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Development Tools: Translators
- Java with a spoonful of syntactic sugar: proposed set of additions to make Java terser and safer. Terseness makes languages easier to read, write, maintain. Ideas from Abundance (Byte Magazine Oct 1986), Eiffel, Pascal, Delphi, Smalltalk, PL/I, Algol-68, Forth, even COBOL.
- Modification of the Java language designed to have true support for the IEEE 754 floating point standard.
- Java with assertions, spoken: jazz, like the music. Improvement of JaWA language extension. Gives Java the concepts of Design by Contract from Bertrand Meyer, and Eiffel, and extends them with new features. [Open Source, GPL]
The Java Modeling Language (JML)
- A behavioral interface specification language that can be used to specify the behavior of Java modules.
- A minimal extension to Java easing distributed parallel programming of cluster computers. A source code transformation automatically generates a distributed pure Java program based on RMI or KaRMI.
- Supports Design By Contract in Java. Discovers "contracts" during class loading and instruments the class bytecodes on-the-fly to check run-time contract violations. [Apache Open Source Licence]
- Simplified subset of Java (supersedes Jr), and online environment for learning programming: simple, made for beginners, includes assertions and Design by Contract from Bertrand Meyer and Eiffel; class tested over 2 years, free accounts available.
- Java extensions for high-level Web service development; Java-based high-level language to develop interactive Web services; merges main features of <bigwig> language into Java by providing explicit support for Web service sessions, safe XHTML dynamic document building.
- A generic protocol-based self-applicative interpreter for Java. Revolves around a generic reification procedure which can be used to reify any class of the interpreter.
- Extensible language based on Java. A Metaobject Protocol (MOP) is the extension interface; lets programmers customize language to implement new language features, mechanisms.
- A variant of Java that adds parametric polymorphism, first-class functions, and class cases and pattern matching to the language. The compiler compiles into Java byte code so the binaries can be run on a normal JVM. [Freeware]
- Java with support for generic programming in the form of parameterized types. Provides constrained parametric polymorphism, with advantages over some other proposals for adding genericity to Java. [Open Source, GPL]
- Set of Java packages supporting heterogeneous, concurrent modeling and design. [Open Source, BDL]
Parameterized Types for Java
- Technical paper reviewing PolyJ, an extension to Java allowing parameterized types. (January 01, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:15:09 AM EDT -