become an editor
the entire directory
only in Databases_and_Persistence/Tools
Databases and Persistence
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Databases and Persistence: Tools
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Applications
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Development Tools
Aqua Data Studio
- An SQL editor and development tool that allows developers to easily create, edit, and execute SQL scripts, as well as browse database structures. [Freeware]
- An SQL development tool only for InterSystems database Cache that allows explore and manage database objects as well as execute own ad-hoc queries.
- A database development and management tool for developers and admins. DB Solo allows you to explore and manage database objects as well as execute ad-hoc queries. It runs on Windows, Solaris and Linux and supports Oracle, MySQL, Sybase and MS SQL Server. [Shareware]
- An application to transfer tables and data among heterogeneous relational databases. Written in Java and using JDBC, it is fully database-independent. It should work for any RDBMS with a suitable JDBC driver. [Open Source, GPL]
- Cross platform database independent visual browsing and editing tool. [Freeware]
- Generates database persistence logic based on relational database schema. Generates DAO, EJB and JDBC code.
Fredy's Admintool for SQL
- GUI admin tool for JDBC databases. Allows querying (guided or plain SQL), meta-querying, Java code generation. [Open Source, GPL]
- A powerful lightweight reporting and virtual OLAP tool, completely web-based and written in the Java programming language. [Commercial]
- An SQL browser tool that works with any JDBC 2.0 or higher driver. [Open Source, MPL]
- A visual report designer tool for JasperReports, a popular open-source reporting engine. It is built on top of the Eclipse's plug-in architecture and its main goal is to help create JasperReports report definition files through a simple graphical interface. [Shareware]
Java Reporting Tools
- A short review of known Java reporting tools.
- A JDBC client application written in Java that allow to view the structure of a JDBC compliant database, issuing SQL commands. The GUI is based on JFace and SWT libraries from the Eclipse Project. JFaceDbc can run as a stand-alone application or as an Eclipse plugin. [Open source, LGPL]
- A pure Java report writer, creates sophisticated reports, graphs, RTF texts, crosstabs, sub-reports, and drill-down. Access data from JDBC, ODBC or another source with an API. The WYSIWYG designer, server and viewer are also available in Beans. [Commercial]
- A generic Web-based database administration system, a rapid templating mechanism, using "templets" (sub-templates) provides an easy mechanism for rendering persistent objects as interface elements. It is fully integrated with Java persistence layer over any JDBC compliant DB.
- Creates flexible reports from mySQL databases in any ASCII-based format, like HTML, RTF, TEX, Postscript, VRML... whatever. Just edit a template-file and insert special-coded, even relational SQL-statements. [Open Source, GPL]
- "Natural language" interface to databases. Allows simple human language queries, rather than requiring the user to use SQL or fill in forms. [Open Source, Artistic License]
- A utility that writes Java source code to run PL/SQL procedures and SQL statements in Oracle databases using a web service. By Orinda Software. [Commercial, with sources]
QueryForm Database Utility
- A powerful GUI front end for relational databases. It creates forms on-the-fly through which tables can be queried or updated. [Open source, GPL]
- A Java developer tool for dynamically generating reports and web pages from Java applications in formats such as PDF, HTML, Flash, Excel.
- An object oriented report writer/generator for applications written in Java. [Commercial]
RReport Visual Builder
- Reporting tool for java. It can preview , print and export reports to PDF and DHTML. It can retrieve data from databases using JDBC.
- A uniform JDBC driven database frontend to all common SQL databases. [Shareware]
- A SQL administration and development frontend with a graphical user interface. It is written completely in Java and runs on virtual machines supporting Java 1.3 or higher.
- Introspects database schema and generates all the needed java code to access it. No XML, no manual mapping, no complex architecture, no hand coded queries. [Open source, LGPL]
- A simple SQL client with profiles of host/user/db combinations. It allows multiple JDBC drivers, browsing databases, as well as query and update. [Open Source, GPL]
SQuirreL SQL Client
- Java GUI program that allows viewing the structure of a JDBC compliant database, browse the data in tables, and issue SQL commands. [Open Source, LGPL]
- Oracle to Java edition helps convert Oracle PL/SQL procedures to Java. By Vembu Technologies. [Commercial]
- A JasperReports viewer component for SWT/JFace based applications and Eclipse plug-ins. [Open source, LGPL]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2012 at 6:05:02 UTC -