become an editor
the entire directory
only in Class_Libraries/Networking_and_Distributed_Computing
Networking and Distributed Computing
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Class Libraries: Networking and Distributed Computing
Computers: Computer Science: Distributed Computing
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Applications: Network
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Enterprise Edition
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Jini
Computers: Software: Networking
- Offers distributed nested transaction products using JTA, JTS, and SOAP. [Commercial]
Bare Bones Browser Launch for Java
- Source code for class to launch the user's default web browser from a Swing application [Public Domain Software]
- Provides audio and video streaming support for applets and applications. [Commercial]
- A framework for building, deploying and managing well-described REST-ful Web services (XML+HTTP+Linking), including REST-ful Web Services realizations for RSS, XML Topic Maps, Structured Arguments, and Workflow.
The Community OpenORB Project
- A library providing CORBA services. [Open Source, BSD-like]
- A toolkit for the simulation of Distributed Algorithms in Java.
Distinct ONC RPC / XDR for Java
- A 100% pure Java toolkit enables to write distributed applications that can interact with existing RPC application written in C. Supports Secure RPC by implementing DES authentication and XML RPC extensions to turn an ONC RPC server into a web service. [Shareware]
Dwarf Server Framework
- A framework for developing multithreaded server applications based on the Internet standards. [Shareware]
- Provides for inter-process capability-secure distributed programming. Its cryptographic capability protocol enables mutually suspicious Java processes to cooperate safely, and its event-loop concurrency and promise pipelining enable high performance deadlock free distributed pure-object computing.
- A Java class library that implements the SyncML data synchronization protocol. Also a standalone SyncML server and client.
- Architecture for constructing dialogue systems. Its plug-and-play approach enables developers to combine architecture-compliant commercial software and cutting edge research components. [Open source]
- Offers components for frequently used Internet protocols: FTP, HTTP, MIME, NNTP, POP3, SMTP, and telnet. [Commercial]
JACOMMA (Java Communicating Agents)
- Agent development platform/framework for developing distributed, mobile, and reactive information agents with heterogeneous communication capabilities, in Java and JPython. [Open source, LGPL]
- A package for Java that allows distributed Java applications (or even applets) to access a shared object space for coordination and data sharing purposes. [Freeware]
- A Java library which will allow your applications to make IRC communications. [Open source, BSD License]
- Toolkit for reliable multicast communication via a flexible protocol stack, supports UDP (IP Multicast), TCP and JMS transport protocols. Site includes documentation, articles, and download option. [LGPL v2.1]
JLDAP (Java LDAP)
- A class libraries for Java enable you to write applications to access, manage, update, and search for information stored in directories accessible using LDAPv3. Contributed by Novell. [Open source]
- Implementation of the ISO-8583 protocol - acts as a framework for financial exchange/payment. It can be used to implement EFT interchanges, switches, payment gateways, POS software and e-commerce sites. [Open Source, GPL]
- Java implementation of the SDP protocol that provides a standard representation for describing multi-media sessions. jSDP enables users to manipulate SDP messages.
- Language- and platform-independent protocol for peer-to-peer networking, developed by Sun. Initial implementation in Java. [Open Source, BSD-like]
- Includes early draft of JXTA text written by Brendon Wilson.
- A library/framework for quick creation of robust and multi-threaded, multi-client TCP server applications. [Open source, LGPL]
- Implementation of Sun's ONC/RPC protocol, both for clients and servers, including jrpcgen tool. [Open Source, LGPL]
Secure iNet Factory
- Java components for all major networking protocols including FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SSL. 30 day trial offered. [Commercial]
- Interpretation of Tuple Space / Object Space based on ideas from JavaSpaces. Site includes documentation and source access. [Open source, Apache License v2]
- Java components for SSH and telnet protocols.
- Provides a 100% Pure Java client API to access NFS servers, similar to the java.io API.
- An open-source web services framework. Main goals are high productivity and separation of concerns.
- A peer-to-peer software daemon and API to develop, deploy, discover and use components or applications over http without regard to type of hardware, OS, or programming environment. [Open source]
Networking and Distributed Computing
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 21:15:11 UTC -