the entire directory
only in Languages/Fortran
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Fortran
High Performance Fortran
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: Languages: Comparison and Review
Computers: Programming: Languages: Compiled: Procedural
Computers: Programming: Languages: Fortress
Computers: Programming: Languages: Open Source
Computers: Programming: Languages: Procedural
This category in other languages:
British Computer Society (BCS) Fortran Specialist Group
- Group provides an open forum for Fortran users, distributes information about Fortran, promotes the language, and encourages its development. Describes goals and activities of group and contains presentations from meetings.
- Fortran 90/95/2003 discussion group, with archived messages. Members of the Fortran standards committee and other experts participate.
Cloudy's Journey from FORTRAN to C, Why and How
- Article describing why the Cloudy astronomy program was converted from Fortran to C.
Fortran F90/95 & Linux OS
- Discusses using Fortran on Linux and provides links to Fortran code repositories and compiler vendors.
- Addresses the Fortran language, its uses, profitability, standardization, further evolution, and the implementation of Fortran compilers. Published three times a year by the Association for Computing Machinery.
- Self-help group of RISC OS users who use Fortran, mainly for scientific applications.
- A directory of Fortran resources including books, tutorials, compilers, and free software.
- List of resources by Clive Page.
Fortran Resources and Compilers
- A collection of Fortran links compiled by H. D. Knoble.
- An open venue for documenting and discussing all aspects of the Fortran programming language and scientific computing. Includes source code, tools, discussion, news, and an FAQ.
- Discussion of Fortran on Mac OS X.
- Fortran training and consultancy service. Provides information on courses, consulting, and books as well as general Fortran resources.
Handling Arithmetic Errors in Fortran 2000
- Article by Jeanne Adams discussing various aspects of the exception-handling technical report.
High Performance Computing Projects
- Distributed computing in background, courses, links; at Liverpool University.
High Performance Computing: UCLA Plasma Simulation Group
- Links to papers on Object-Oriented Programming in Fortran 90, Optimization techniques for RISC processors, Parallel Particle-in-Cell Codes, Parallel Computing Tutorial, and Modernization of Fortran Legacy Codes.
IBM Server Clinic: Fortran, at Home on Linux
- Article by Cameron Laird on porting old mainframe Fortran programs to Linux.
Implementation of Object-Oriented Design With Fortran
- By J. Qiang, R. Ryne, and S. Habib R. Ryne. [PDF]
Introduction to Pfortran
- Programming method to ease the job of writing parallel programs for massively parallel computers by providing constructs to coordinate non-local memory accesses. Central is an operator specifying location of off-processor variables and an operator for aggregate operations.
Is the Quality of Numerical Subroutine Code Improving?
- Paper by Tim Hopkins, which can be downloaded in PostScript format.
Linux Fortran Information Page
- Information about running Fortran codes under Linux, by Jeff Templon. Describes and compares the available compilers.
Object-Oriented Fortran 90
- Summarizes much of the current work in OO programming using Fortran 90 on scalar workstations and distributed-memory supercomputers.
Objexx - Fortran to C++ Conversion
- Service to convert Fortran 77 to fully ANSI/ISO compliant C++ to preserve the value of the code and existing documentation.
Petition to Retire Fortran
- Online petition to retire Fortran, with ten reasons given. Has FAQ and rebuttal by Van Snyder.
- Fortran compilers, tools and libraries, Mathematica, Tecplot, and consultancy services.
The Fortran Company
- Provides products, services, and training for the Fortran programming language and a collection of links, resources, and source code.
Object-Oriented Programming in Fortran 2000
- Opinion essay on how object-orientation and genericity should be added to Fortran. By Werner W. Schulz. (March 10, 1998)
Usenet comp.lang.fortran -
Usenet openwatcom.users.fortran -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:53:33 AM EDT -