the entire directory
only in Languages/Fortran
High Performance Fortran
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Programming: Languages: Comparison and Review
Computers: Programming: Languages: Compiled: Procedural
Computers: Programming: Languages: Fortress
Computers: Programming: Languages: Open Source
Computers: Programming: Languages: Procedural
This category in other languages:
British Computer Society (BCS) Fortran Specialist Group
- Group provides an open forum for Fortran users, distributes information about Fortran, promotes the language, and encourages its development. Describes goals and activities of group and contains presentations from meetings.
Cloudy's Journey from FORTRAN to C, Why and How
- Article describing why the Cloudy astronomy program was converted from Fortran to C.
- Fortran 90/95/2003 discussion group, with archived messages. Members of the Fortran standards committee and other experts participate.
The Fortran Company
- Provides products, services, and training for the Fortran programming language and a collection of links, resources, and source code.
- Addresses the Fortran language, its uses, profitability, standardization, further evolution, and the implementation of Fortran compilers. Published three times a year by the Association for Computing Machinery.
- Self-help group of RISC OS users who use Fortran, mainly for scientific applications.
- A directory of Fortran resources including books, tutorials, compilers, and free software.
- List of resources by Clive Page.
Fortran Resources and Compilers
- A collection of Fortran links compiled by H. D. Knoble.
- An open venue for documenting and discussing all aspects of the Fortran programming language and scientific computing. Includes source code, tools, discussion, news, and an FAQ.
- Discussion of Fortran on Mac OS X.
- Fortran training and consultancy service. Provides information on courses, consulting, and books as well as general Fortran resources.
Handling Arithmetic Errors in Fortran 2000
- Article by Jeanne Adams discussing various aspects of the exception-handling technical report.
High Performance Computing Projects
- Distributed computing in background, courses, links; at Liverpool University.
High Performance Computing: UCLA Plasma Simulation Group
- Links to papers on Object-Oriented Programming in Fortran 90, Optimization techniques for RISC processors, Parallel Particle-in-Cell Codes, Parallel Computing Tutorial, and Modernization of Fortran Legacy Codes.
Implementation of Object-Oriented Design With Fortran
- By J. Qiang, R. Ryne, and S. Habib R. Ryne. [PDF]
Introduction to Pfortran
- Programming method to ease the job of writing parallel programs for massively parallel computers by providing constructs to coordinate non-local memory accesses. Central is an operator specifying location of off-processor variables and an operator for aggregate operations.
Is the Quality of Numerical Subroutine Code Improving?
- Paper by Tim Hopkins, which can be downloaded in PostScript format.
Linux Fortran Information Page
- Information about running Fortran codes under Linux, by Jeff Templon. Describes and compares the available compilers.
Object-Oriented Fortran 90
- Summarizes much of the current work in OO programming using Fortran 90 on scalar workstations and distributed-memory supercomputers.
Objexx - Fortran to C++ Conversion
- Service to convert Fortran 77 to fully ANSI/ISO compliant C++ to preserve the value of the code and existing documentation.
Petition to Retire Fortran
- Online petition to retire Fortran, with ten reasons given. Has FAQ and rebuttal by Van Snyder.
- Fortran compilers, tools and libraries, Mathematica, Tecplot, and consultancy services.
Object-Oriented Programming in Fortran 2000
- Opinion essay on how object-orientation and genericity should be added to Fortran. By Werner W. Schulz. (March 10, 1998)
Usenet comp.lang.fortran -
Usenet openwatcom.users.fortran -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 12, 2014 at 12:39:21 UTC -