become an editor
the entire directory
only in Languages/Constraint
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Constraint
Computers: History: Pioneers: Sutherland, Ivan
Computers: Programming: Languages: Garbage Collected
Computers: Programming: Languages: Logic-based
Computers: Programming: Languages: Multiparadigm
- Holds comp.constraints FAQ, pages of constraint-related pointers, source code for various systems, benchmarks, directory of people interested in constraints, constraint bibliographies, collection of online papers, links. Clearly the product of much work.
Book: Foundations of Constraint Satisfaction
- Description of book, Academic Press, release 1993: programs from book.
Book: Programming with Constraints: an Introduction
- Description of book, MIT Press, release March 1998: programs from book, slides for courses for use with book.
Brandeis Interval Arithmetic Constraint Solver
- Java applet that solves non-linear real arithmetic constraints.
- Incremental constraint solving toolkit, efficiently solves systems of linear equalities, inequalities. Constraints can be requirements or preferences. Client code specifies constraints to maintain, and the solver updates constrained variables to have values that satisfy the constraints.
Constraint Handling Rules: CHR
- High-level programming language to write constraint systems; makes it easy to define constraint reasoning: simplification and propagation, and incremental solving (satisfaction) of constraints. Run and test CHR online; do a demo, try it now.
Constraints for the Web
- Constraints can specify desired layout of web documents, and behavior of embedded applets: 2 system architectures where author and viewer can make layout constraints, needed and optional. Final appearance of page comes from negotiation between author and viewer, via solving all the constraints.
Constraints: An International Journal
- Covering all aspects of computing with constraints; on paper or online; fee required.
DeltaBlue Code Archive
- For incremental dataflow constraint solver, implemented in varied languages, each in a subdirectory named after the language: C DEC, C SUN4; Common Lisp, Smalltalk.
DeltaBlue Constraint Solver
- Efficient, incremental local propagation constraint solver. Like most local propagation algorithms, it cannot accommodate cyclic constraints. University of Washington site.
A Differential Approach to Graphical Interaction
- The ad hoc manner in which direct manipulation interfaces have been designed and implemented restricts the types of interactive controls. This dissertation presents a new approach for a systematic method to implement flexible, combinable interactive controls.
- Home of Explanation-based Constraint Programming. Definitions, applications, libraries, links.
- Generating an Amalgam of Real-time, Novel Editors and Toolkits; developed by User Interface Software Group, Human Computer Interaction Institute, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University. Free: public domain.
Garnet Toolkit FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions about Garnet user interface development environment for Common Lisp and X11 or Macintosh developed by User Interface Software Group, Human-Computer Interaction Institute, Carnegie Mellon University.
Garnet: Brad A. Myers
- Personal page of Garnet inventor and lead researcher. Describes Garnet motives, rationale.
Garnet: Multi-Garnet: Integrating Multi-Way Constraints with Garnet
- ResearchIndex: Constraints provide a useful mechanism to maintain relations in user interface toolkits. Garnet is a widely used user interface toolkit with high functionality, based on one way, required constraints. Multi-Garnet extends this by adding support for multi-way constraints and hierarchies.
- Generic Constraint Development Environment. Constraint solver implemented as C++ library. Main goals: modifiability, extensibility, speed. Features: integer and set variables, large constraint set, copying-based search. [Open Source, BSD]
Guide to Constraint Programming
- Online tutorial/textbook for beginners to the area of constraint programming. This area is of the set of less known software technologies, but is evolving rapidly and has a growing, significant commercial interest.
ICOT Free Software
- Free constraint software developed by Institute for New Generation Computer Technology (ICOT), Japan: Constraint MGTP (CMGTP) model generation theorem prover (MGTP), MGTP-G, KLIC, some cu-Prologs, and documents. FTP site.
- Constraint-programming optimization engine, providing cutting-edge optimization technology and an optimization library for workforce scheduling, league scheduling, sequencing, configuration, dispatching and resource-allocation applications with logical constraints.
MAC and Combined Heuristics: Two Reasons to Forsake FC (and CBJ?) on Hard Problems
- ResearchIndex: In the last 20 years, many algorithms and heuristics were developed to find solutions in constraint networks. Their number increased so much that it quickly became vital to compare performance to propose a small number of good methods.
- Attempt to make a system that is easier to learn and use than anything available to novice programmers today: HANDS: Human-centered Advances for Novice Development of Software. School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University; NSF funded.
- Frameworks and algorithms for analyzing and transforming scientific programs; 2 major components: the Omega test system to manipulate sets of affine constraints over integer variables; and developing frameworks to analyze and transform programs.
Pascal Van Hentenryck
- Brown University, US. Some constraint papers.
ResearchIndex: Kaleidoscope: A Constraint Imperative Programming Language
- The Constraint Imperative Programming CIP family of languages integrates constraints and imperative, object oriented programming. Besides merging useful features of both paradigms, such integration has synergistic effects.
Seventh International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming
- 2001 November 26 - December 1, Paphos, Cyprus.
- Free, reusable iterative optimization library for combinatorial problems with fuzzy constraints. GNU LGPL.
ThingLabII: Constraint-based user interfaces
- Supports exploration of constraint-based user interfaces; consists of a set of classes that define constraints and constrainable objects called things. Incremental constraint satisfier, module compiler, construction-set style user interface, many tools, extensible set of primitive user interface building blocks.
Usenet comp.constraints -
Usenet comp.windows.garnet -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 8, 2013 at 13:15:03 UTC -