become an editor
the entire directory
only in C++/Exception_Handling
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: C++: Exception Handling
C++ Exception Handling
- Introduces the concept of exception handling for handling program errors.
Error and Exception Handling
- Presents some guidelines when to use exceptions.
Exception Handling in C++
- Learn how to throw an exception, how to associate handlers, or catch clauses, with a set of program statements using a try block, how exceptions are handled by catch clauses, exception specifications, and design considerations for programs that use exceptions.
Exception Handling: A False Sense Of Security
- Explains why most members of the C++ community vastly underestimate the skills needed to program with exceptions and therefore underestimate the true costs of their use. By Tom Cargill.
Exception-Safety in Generic Components
- Lessons learned from specifying exception-safety for the C++ standard library.
How a C++ Compiler Implements Exception Handling
- An indepth discussion of how VC++ implements exception handling. Source code includes exception handling library for VC++.
Making an Exception
- Exception handling in C++ can save a program from digital death, but it must be treated with care. Kevlin Henney explains how to make programs exception-safe. [PDF]
Optimizing Away C++ Exception Handling
- Describes an optimization that produces modest but useful gains on some existing C++ code, but produces very significant size and speed gains on code that uses empty exception specifications, avoiding otherwise serious performance losses. [PDF]
- It is becoming increasingly popular to consider throwing destructors a bad practice. This document presents some insights on the problem and shows that maybe throwing from a destructor is not such a bad idea.
Smart Pointers Reloaded (III)
- Constructor Tracking - Talks about dealing with exceptions that occur during object initialization by taking a look at smart_ptr initialization that has important teachings for any generic design - and policy-based classes in particular. (Andrei Alexandrescu and David B. Held) [PDF] (February 01, 2004)
Exception Safety Analysis
- Discusses how to analyze the exception safety of a function. (Andrei Alexandrescu and David B. Held) [PDF] (December 01, 2003)
Revisiting Exception Handling
- Reviews guidelines developed years ago for throwing exceptions and how to use exception specifications. (May 01, 2003)
Designing C++ Interfaces - Exception Safety
- The ACCU is a non-profit organisation devoted to professionalism in programming at all levels. Although primarily focussed on C and C++, we also have interests in Java, C# and Python. (June 01, 2001)
Adding Exception Testing to Unit Tests
- This article describes a simple method of adding exhaustive testing of the exception paths to the test suite. (April 01, 2001)
Constructor Failures (or, The Objects That Never Were)
- Shows what object construction, and construction failure, mean in C++; and that function try blocks are useful to translate an exception thrown from a base or member subobject constructor. (November 01, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:16:56 PM EDT -