become an editor
the entire directory
only in C++/Books
Computers: Programming: Languages: C: Books
This category in other languages:
ACCU Book Reviews
- A collation of over 2000 reviews that have appeared in ACCU journals.
Accelerated C++: Practical Programming by Example
- Contains source code and errata. (Andrew Koenig and Barbara E. Moo)
Applied C++: Practical Techniques for Building Better Software
- Homepage of book by Philip Romanik, Amy Muntz from Addison Wesley C++ In-Depth Series. Table of contents, errata, FAQ.
C++ Coding Standards
- Delivers a valuable set of tried-and-true rules, guidelines, and best practices condensed into 101 concise one- and two-page items. (Herb Sutter and Andrei Alexandrescu)
C++ Concurrency in Action
- This book shows how to take advantage of the new C++ Standard and Technical Report 2 (TR2) to write robust multi-threaded applications in C++.
- (2nd edition) by J. Sribar and B.Motik. On 824 pages this book covers almost all aspects of C++ language. As the first of the kind in Croatian, it is consistent with ANSI/ISO Standard of C++ programming language. About the book, Table of Contents, Downloads.
C++ For Artists: The Art, Philosophy, and Science Of Object-Oriented Programming
- An eBook/PDF edition C++ programming textbook. Chapter samples, content. [Commercial]
C++ in Action
- Web book containing an introduction to C++, programming techniques, and software design. (Bartosz Milewski)
C++ Primer (4th Edition)
- This tutorial is driven by examples which help the novice C++ programmer solve problems in terms of choice of language features, implementation, and efficiency. (Stanley Lippman, Josee Lajoie, Barbara Moo)
The C++ Programming Language (4th Edition)
- Contains free introductory chapters and appendices about compatibility with C, locales, and the standard library's exception safety. (Bjarne Stroustrup)
The C++ Standard Library from Scratch
- On-line introduction and support page with Standard Library quick reference on-line, source code, exercises and solutions, and errata. (Pablo Halpern)
C++ Templates - The Complete Guide
- Introduces a comprehensive introduction to templates and their applications, based on a detailed presentation of the language mechanisms and the techniques it supports. Includes the table of contents, code examples, and an errata. (David Vandevoorde and Nicolai M. Josuttis)
Challenges with C++: A compilation of 550+ MCQs
- This book is a collection of 550+ multiple choice questions that covers all the core C++ language concepts. The main focus is made on C++ syntax and concepts.
- Code Craft will help take programming beyond writing correct code to writing great code. (Pete Goodliffe)
The Design and Evolution of C++
- This book provides information and detailed discussions of key design decisions that will add to the expert's understanding. (Bjarne Stroustrup)
Effective C++ CD: 85 Specific Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs
- Each of this book's 50 guidelines summarizes a way to write better C++, and the accompanying discussions are backed by specific examples. Contains 4 sample items and updates/errata. (Scott Meyers)
Efficient C++: Performance Programming Techniques
- Demonstrates the potential of C++ to produce highly efficient programs. Focuses on practical, everyday object-oriented design principles and C++ coding techniques that can yield large performance improvements. (Dov Bulka and David Mayhew)
- Offers a fast-track to learning and working with C++ on the job. (Stanley B. Lippman)
Exceptional C++ Style
- Focuses on in-depth coverage of generic programming and the C++ standard library, along with exception safety, class design, memory and resource management, optimization and efficiency. (Herb Sutter)
Exceptional C++: 47 Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems, and Solutions
- Shows by example how to go about sound software engineering in standard C++. (Herb Sutter)
FreeTechBooks: C/C++ Programming Language
- Annotated list of free online programming books. Topics range from beginner to advanced. Descriptions, publishing information, links.
Imperfect C++: Practical Solutions for Real-Life Programming
- Offers practical techniques and tools for writing code that's more robust, flexible, efficient, and maintainable. It shows how to tame C++'s complexity, cut through its vast array of paradigms, and take back control over the code. (Matthew Wilson)
Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied
- Introduces the concept of generic components--reusable design templates that produce boilerplate code for compiler consumption--all within C++. Contains free sample chapter and C++ library source code. (Andrei Alexandrescu)
More Effective C++: 35 New Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs
- Meyers explains how to write software that is more effective: more efficient, more robust, more consistent, more portable, and more reusable. Contains 4 sample items and updates/errata. (Scott Meyers)
More Exceptional C++: 40 New Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems, and Solutions
- Provides tested techniques and practical solutions for programmers designing modern software systems with C++, from small projects to enterprise applications. (Herb Sutter)
Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ (Stroustrup)
- This book is aimed at beginners taking a programming course and people learning C++ as self study. Support page contains instructor's guide, lecture slides and selected execise solutions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 1, 2015 at 8:35:03 UTC -