become an editor
the entire directory
only in Class_Libraries/STL
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
SGI's STL Programmer's Guide
- A freely available implementation of the C++ Standard Template Library, including hypertext documentation.
- A port of the original STL to many platforms. Derived from the SGI implementation, changes are incorporated regularly.
C++ STL FAQ [FTP]
- This FAQ deals with the containers, iterators, and algorithms sections of the C++ Standard, Clauses 23, 24 and 25.
- The makers of the STL library included in Microsoft's VC.
Effective Standard C++ Library
- Provides pointers to articles about how to use STL features, published in C++ Report and C/C++ Users Journal. Also a list of book reviews is provided.
Free words concerning STL
- A documentation of the C++ standard template library under the Free Documentation License.
Genealogy Display Program
- A Larger Example of Use of STL
Graph Template Library (GTL)
- An Extension of the STL with datastructures for graphs. GTL is a platform independent and extendible C++ library. It is free of charge for non-commercial use.
- Provides the HP Implementation of the STL and some articles and documentation [FTP].
Interview with A. Stepanov
- The creator of the STL gave an interview.
Invalidation of STL Iterators
- Offers a course that looks into one of the surprises related to use of iterators: invalidation. [PDF]
The Matrix Template Library: A Unifying Framework for Numerical Linear Algebra
- Presents a unified approach for expressing high performance numerical linear algebra routines for a class of dense and sparse matrix formats and shapes.
ptr_vector - A Container For Pointers
- ptr_vector is a convenient STL-compliant vector for pointers. In essence, ptr_vector lets you treat a vector of pointers as if it were a vector of values. Description and source-code download.
- An enhancement for the STL that tries to catch many typical STL programming errors.
STL Error Decryptor for Visual C++
- A set of tools to shorten the length of VC++ 6/7 STL-related error messages, allowing essential information to fit in status bar at the bottom of the Visual Studio IDE. [Freeware]
STL foreMbedded Visual C++
- STL adaptation for eMbedded Visual C++. It is designed to work with Windows CE devices, such as H/PCs, Palm-sized PCs and Pocket PCs, and it is based on SGI's STL (3.3).
- STL+ is a collection of reusable C++ components for developers already familiar with the STL. It includes abstract data types to extend the STL, reusable components, data persistence and portability components. The collection is general-purpose and portable between Windows and Unix platforms. [Open source, BSD License]
- A micro-STL that implements parts of the STL specification intended to reduce code size of the derivative programs.
VTL Views Template Library
- Container adaptors for use with STL standard containers. Filters, and transforms of data without copying.
Wikipedia - Standard Template Library
- The entry in the online encyclopedia briefly describes the STL.
Usenet comp.std.c++ -
Usenet microsoft.public.vc.stl -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2015 at 5:45:04 UTC -