the entire directory
only in Languages/BASIC
Palm OS specific
QBasic and QuickBasic
Computers: Programming: Languages: Comparison and Review
Computers: Programming: Languages: Interpreted: Procedural
Computers: Programming: Languages: Open Source
Computers: Programming: Languages: Procedural
This category in other languages:
Basic-like Language Alternatives Compilers
- A list of basic-like languages for Windows and Linux which can compile to stand alone EXEs files.
- An old-fashion BASIC interpreter for the Macintosh. BASIC programming resources.
- A 32-bit BASIC compiler, with the syntax the most compatible possible with MS-QuickBASIC, that adds new features such as pointers, unsigned data types, inline-assembly. [Open-source, LGPL]
FreeBASIC Beginners Guide
- Offers updated versions of the book "A Beginner's Guide To FreeBASIC" by Richard D. Clark and Ebben Feagan in PDF and ODT formats.
Full Moon Software
- offers add-on products and utilities for several Basic languages for DOS. The entire catalog and some demo programs are available for download.
- A graphical Basic language for Linux with objects and plug-ins.
Hitchhikr SoftWorks - MBasic
- A fast Basic interpreter for Windows consoles platforms based on Sylvain Bizoirre's Mini Basic language. Assembly sourcecode is included.
- BASIC for Windows, Linux, HP-UX and DOS. MS Office integration. GPIB and GPIO interfaces. VXI solutions. HP 700 add-ons. By Tech Soft GmbH.
- A free version of BASIC for Windows. Supports creation of standalone programs.
- A project to make a programming language similar to those traditional Basic implementations but with all the attributes of the modern programming tool. Current version is a bytecode compiler and interpreter/JIT compiler implemented in pure C with flex (scanner) and bison (parser).
- A free compiler for a Basic-like language, with QuickBasic source code.
- A BASIC interpreter designed to mimic the operation of 8/16bit microcomputers of the early 1980's like the Tandy Color Computer, Apple IIe, Commodore 64, Texas Instruments TI-99/4A.
Phoenix Object Basic
- A unique object-oriented RAD tool for Linux.
- The official UK PIC Basic Compiler web site.
Proton PICBASIC Development Systems
- Make programs for PICmicro without having to learn the relative complexity of assembly, or opacity of C. Crownhill Associates, Ltd. [Free and commercial versions]
Raiders of the Lost Altair BASIC Source Code
- Reporting on the lost Altair BASIC source code [The Register]
- Open Source GPL BASIC interpreter supporting Win32, UNIX, Linux. Rich set of features, many built-in functions. External modules written in C. Modular. Interpreted internal code. Internal code cache for fast execution. Compiled to C. Source is pure C.
- Includes an IDE, extended BASIC syntax, built-in database engine, built-in email and Internet functionality.
- Windows BASIC-like script interpreter for Windows versions with Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher. Developed in Power Basic.
- Windows programming languages Ubercode, a BASIC-like language, and Visual Fred, a VisualBasic-compatible language.
WarkenSoft Productions BASIC Homepage
- WarkenSoft Productions is dedicated to bringing quality BASIC programming to the WWW.
Win32 PS2 YaBasic Port
- Contains executable to allow you to run PlayStaion2 programs programmed in YaBasic as well as links, FAQs and sample programs. [Open Source]
- A free, Open Source Basic interpreter for creating portable GUI applications in Windows and Linux. Can create stand-alone executables.
- A BASIC shell script interpreter for UNIX/Linux with full X11-Graphics support. [Open source, GPL]
- A compiler author's thoughts on programming in BASIC. [Atom]
Usenet alt.lang.basic -
Usenet comp.lang.basic.misc -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 12, 2014 at 12:37:48 UTC -